Is Best Buy still offering the antenna Invisishield for free?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PhaserFuzz, Aug 8, 2010.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I was thinking about stopping by the nearest Best Buy to get one. Do they still have this offer?

2. ballerchild macrumors newbie

My local BB still had some. Just went in on friday to pick one up. You either need to have purchased your phone there or be a rewards zone member.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I just got the "official" BB email about this a couple days ago so it looks like they're kicking this plan into full gear now...or sometime soon. What I'd recommend is that you call your local BB first and see if they are participating. I called 2-3 BB's around me and some were participating, some didn't even know what I was talking about. Choose your BB wisely.

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

no you don't

5. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Yes you do it says so on the reward zone member site.

6. billycuth macrumors 6502a

7. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

8. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

9. Glaxx macrumors regular

Glaxx

I went two days ago to my local Best Buy and they had plenty of them. I purchased my iPhone 4 there, but they did no lookup or anything to see if that was the case. I simply walked up to the Mobile counter and asked if they had the Invisible Shield Fix for the iPhone 4. The salesman got it out of the cabinet behind him and rang me up right there with only asking if I wanted it installed or not. I told him that I would rather do it myself, and he said that was fine. He handed it to me with the receipt and instruction sheet and I was on my way.

You should have luck getting one at your local Best Buy, but I would advise calling ahead to make sure. Mine had an entire box full of them left when I went.

Also, from my experiences: The new "fix" is not nearly as nice when put on as other shield models. The dry install makes it tough to not get stuff stuck under the shield. As well, this does not fix my antenna issue at all. I can still force my phone to enter "Searching..." through holding it with the death grip. Back to the bumper it is.