Is Biden now toast after his segregation comments?

raqball

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
I didn't think the man would last long.. Is this another nail in his political coffin...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cory-booker-says-biden-will-be-defeated-in-2020-democratic-primary

*snip*

At a fundraiser in New York on Tuesday, Biden named James O. Eastland and Herman Talmadge as examples of politicians he could work with.

"You don’t joke about calling black men ‘boys.’ ... Vice President Biden’s relationships with proud segregationists are not the model for how we make America a safer and more inclusive place for black people, and for everyone," Booker said in a statement. "I’m disappointed that he hasn’t issued an immediate apology for the pain his words are dredging up for many Americans. He should.”

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
He's not toast. Unless you're saying Democrats hold their candidates to a higher standard than Republicans. Which I would be inclined to agree with you given who they are supporting now and in 2020. But I doubt you meant that.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
He's not toast. Unless you're saying Democrats hold their candidates to a higher standard than Republicans. Which I would be inclined to agree with you given who they are supporting now and in 2020. But I doubt you meant that.
IF democrats DID held their candidates to a higher standard he would be toast.........
that said W.Examiner is pretty biased , so until it makes the MSM creepy Biden is the guy to beat.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
IF democrats DID held their candidates to a higher standard he would be toast.........
that said W.Examiner is pretty biased , so until it makes the MSM creepy Biden is the guy to beat.
Numerous other source out there. I used them as they were not paywall blocked.. The NYT and Washington Post also has articles along with others.

The story is legit and not really in dispute... His (D) opponents are already lighting him up in Tweets....

I never thought he had a prayer as he is not far enough to the wacky left.... You better believe they will use this against him..

Reactions: ak_akshay

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Numerous other source out there. I used them as they were not paywall blocked.. The NYT and Washington Post also has articles along with others.

The story is legit and not really in dispute... His (D) opponents are already lighting him up in Tweets....
yes they are
https://www.salon.com/2019/06/19/cory-booker-rips-democratic-rival-joe-biden-you-dont-joke-about-calling-black-men-boys_partner/
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48696124
https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/59745z/2020-dems-remind-biden-theres-nothing-civil-about-segregationists
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/19/joe-biden-segregationist-senators-1370223

still not sure he is toast, senile & out of touch with a hint of predator yes, but not toast yet........

raqball

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Bloody hell. Trying to make 2020 the lesser of two evils even more than 2016.
His fellow (D) are behind the outrage and slamming of him thus far...

Proof is that there is nada on Fox News about it yet.. :eek::p

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
This country elected Trump on much worse affiliations. I don't think this would sink Biden.
Thing you two forget is that Biden based the start of his campaign (see campaign launch video) on the basis of a higher moral ground to fight racism, segregation, etc.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Thing you two forget is that Biden based the start of his campaign (see campaign launch video) on the basis of a higher moral ground to fight racism, segregation, etc.
I didn't forget anything. And that doesn't negate my post

Solomani

macrumors 68040
Sep 25, 2012
Alberto, Canado

I never thought he had a prayer as he is not far enough to the wacky left.... You better believe they will use this against him..
I agree that he's not far enough to the wacky left, since he is clearly a "center-left" Dem, a business suit establishment white guy who leans progressive. So to counter your assertion… this little gaffe (even if true) would be a non-factor because the truly wacky left (like AOC) are already against him. They already have their canons and machine-guns pointed at him, so this little gaffe (even if true) would be like adding a pea-shooter to their arsenal to bring him down. It's a non factor. Move on.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
try all the links in post 5................ all lefties.
And the problem is? This ultra heighten sensitivity is absolutely nothing but political campaign driven.

“At least there was some civility, we got things done,” Biden said, recalling that Eastland had never called him “boy.” “We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done, we got it finished.”

Would you find it a problem if a white person said, a black separatist has never called him "cracka"?

Herdfan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2011
Biden might be clumsy with words sometimes but he's the only DEM who can beat Trump.
I agree with this. I think Warren would be second.

I have read the comments and as a whole they aren't as bad as they are being made out to be. Now him thinking Eastland was a good guy.............

But what concerns me, and should concern any Dem, is why is he not smart enough to not say them? He is the same as Trump on Twitter and just needs to STHU sometimes.

Reactions: jkcerda

dogslobber

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2014
Apple Campus, Cupertino CA
But what concerns me, and should concern any Dem, is why is he not smart enough to not say them? He is the same as Trump on Twitter and just needs to STHU sometimes.
At the end of the day, Biden is still more experience in The White House than Donald Tramp. Biden was VP for 8 years and is one half of he architecting of the current robust economy. This is his secret weapon.

Reactions: Solomani