Is Bush really willing to leave office?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Sep 28, 2008.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

First of all, before answering this, I want to share some background information.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Good Lord, the paranoia just doesn't stop.

You are absolutely right. The army in the streets, martial law, suspension of the Constitution, aliens land, end of the world cause the Mayan calendar stops at 2012, etc. etc. ad nausem.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes, SMM. Clearly without you and others here, I would be blinded. Gotta go, I hear helicopters over my house now. If you don't hear from me in 20 minutes, it means I'm dead and will be served up as the main course at the next White House dinner. Keep up the good fight! Power to the people!

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I think he's dumb, but he's not that dumb. Public support would be close to nil, and most, if not all, of the military would remember that they're sworn to uphold and protect the Constitution.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

THis is taking the Bush bashing just a wee bit over the line.

5. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Hey, I was surprised he was re-elected and re-inaugurated in 2004. Guess we'll see if this happens on the next inaugural day.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

SMM- this is a bit much. I don't let anyone else get away with editorial posts, I won't let you off the hook either. Sorry.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Honestly I think Bush wanted to leave 2 years ago. I don't think he cares and would just rather be on his ranch doing mindless things where he doesn't have to make hard decisions. I think Cheney is the one they will have to drag out kicking and screaming.

I really think deep down Bush is a good guy that got caught up with the wrong crowd.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If Bush doesn't leave office there will be a revolution and it will be televised.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Do you honestly think Bush wants to stay. I'm sure his bags are packed right now.

10. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Yes I do honestly think Bush wants to stay. As long as he can make money off the people.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He can go into the stock market and make more. If you think Bush is only there to make money than you haven't looked at every other politician in office. Id be happy to revolt against every elected official.

12. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I seriously doubt he could make more money in the failing stock market. He could and has been making more in stolen revenues from Iraq over tha past 6 years. Probably close to hundreds of billions.

13. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The only conspiracy I believe in is one that nobody thinks about.

Bush knew Bin Laden was going to do it and did nothing to stop it so he could instill the fear government in order to invade Iraq and steal their money.

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My feeling is that Bush is all too eager to leave office. I'm guessing he's more than a little tired of dealing with all the negative press; plus being president is "hard work".

I think he'll be more than happy to ditch the fake ranch and move back to Dallas where there's not so much dust, hit the speaking circuit (although he'll likely have to avoid certain countries in the future), and spend time fishing and watching baseball.

Oh, and 9/11 was caused by planes hijacked by terrorists flying into buildings. Anyone suggesting otherwise is laboring under the false impression that while the Bush administration failed miserably in so many endeavors, it was able to perpetrate the largest conspiracy in history without a single hitch.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

How can you cheat the constitution. The rules were in place for 200 years.

16. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

fighter vs commercial airliner. Which one creates a bigger hole?

It's a fairly simple concept. The fighter jet created a small hole compared to the ones in the WTC. There was enough structural support left from the fighter jet impact for the weight to be transfered to the remaining support beams and keep the building standing. Now the WTC had little structural support left in the hole so the weight of the top of the building was too much for the remaining steel beams which was also further weakened by the fire.

PS: Also look at what duke pointed out.

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

I thinks that Georgie is gearing up to spend a relaxing end of his life in Crawford with a good supply of beer and take an eternal break from the media. This is just a bit over the line, me thinks.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The size of the plane is but one aspect. You'd also have to consider the mass and the difference in fuel supply.

Do you know when a "fighter jet" hit a building? The last crash I can recall is the small plane that crashed in New York, and that was something like a Cessna.

19. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

20. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

No, I don't, but that wasn't my point. Point is a fighter jets hole and damage will be far less then a 767's and the remaining supports would be far more then what was left of the WTC's structure. So the load could be easier to disperse then what the remaining( and weakened) supports in the WTC. Before a mod came through with a post sweep, a poster stated a fighter flew into a building and the building didn't collapse. Was just countering his post. And oops I assumed he meant fighter jet. Even a WWII fighter wouldn't do enough damage( hell probably be less damage then a jet) to make a building collapse.

Didn't know the B-52 was flying back in the 40's. The article agrees by saying it was a B-25. :p

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Aw. You beat me to it.

I had to go look it up, but the B-25 really is small plane compared to the B-52.
    For some reason I was thinking of the B-29.

22. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

I knew before I ever started writing this, it was not going to be attracting a great deal of agreement. However, how something is going to be received, should not be what makes you decide whether, or not, to openly and honestly speak your thoughts. With that being said, I am not surprised (or even disappointed, by the response.

Notwithstanding the possible need to defend the factual component, I agreed (with myself) upfront, not to try and argue the the opinions and conjecture. As Lee pointed out, this is more editorial oriented. The main reason I wrote it was to get a few people thinking about why a combat brigade is being brought home for active deployment. Until there is a satisfactory answer to that question, I will continue to weigh possible clues, and hope get an answer.

Anyone believing there is a point in speculation, where a possibility is too far-fetched, again I will remind them of the track record of this administration and the republican power machine.

Finally, there will be zero solace in saying, "I told you so", should these events actually occur. I would much rather be wrong 100 times out out of 100. In early 2002, when the administration began trying to link SH and Iraq to 9/11, I did not believe it for an instant. When they began to push for invasion, it reeked of Vietnam. I was in the ear of anyone who would stand still for > 10 seconds. I became very frustrated by inability to raise questions in people's minds, including my own family. After the fiasco unraveled, some people said, "You were right". However, there was no temptation to feel smug about it. When it really mattered, I was unable to convince anyone to even question what we were about to do. Pretty hard to be smug about that.

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

To supplement the National Guard. That's why.

24. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Why wouldn't he want to leave, McCain will carry on is reign of incompetence.

25. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Haha, never would happen.

He couldn't control the rest of the government, nor the people. His approval rating is far to low to try this.

Also, I don't believe he is this evil, and I don't think he really wants to. Nothing he has done shows to me he wants to hold on to power for a long period of time.