Is camera+ and instagram worth it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by himynameiscody, Nov 15, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does the phone not already take good pictures

2. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Instagram is just like Twitter only for pictures, which makes it much more interesting, entertaining, engaging, etc.

Camera+ is just another photo utility, no social networking is involved.

3. Brittanydavie macrumors member

If you're looking to edit your pictures with filters and enhance them in different ways, camera+ is definitely worth it.

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Yes, but they're mainly for editing and effects. By the way, Instagram is free, you should check it out.

[​IMG]

5. Chumburro2U macrumors 6502

Chumburro2U

Camera + is a post processing photo app. Not my cup of tea.
    Instagram is a social geared photo app, but lame IMHO.
    Hipstamatic is my favorite photo app. It takes some getting used to with the different lenses, films, flashes, etc. But once you get the hang of it the pics taken with Hipstamatic outshines anything from Camera + or Instagram apps.
    The stock camera app is good but if you want to put some pizzaz into your photos then choose a third party app. Have fun.

6. rkeato1 macrumors regular

Camera+ is absolutely worth it for me. Really helps showcase the quality of the 4S camera. Instagram is worth it if you have friends who use it and if you enjoy sharing photos with your friends. Funny though - I just deleted Hipstamatic today because I haven't used it in forever. Different strokes!

7. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Why doesn't the iPhone take as good of pics without camera plus

8. FYDave macrumors member

It's not that the quality of the original photograph isn't as good. Camera+ presents value in a feature it has called Lightbox which is where you can do your post processing on each of the pictures you take. You can also import existing photographs from your camera roll in to Camera+ and edit them there as well.

I personally use Camera+ and ProHDR the most and then take shots from those to upload to Instagram and elsewhere.

The Hipstamatic thing really seems to get some people but I never really found it all that interesting. Like another post said, different strokes.

9. rkeato1 macrumors regular

Why do professional photographers edit their photos in post production? Same reason. The camera quality is great, but editing makes them even better.

10. tmagman macrumors 6502

11. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

looks like that time out didn't send much of a message.

12. AlohaMaui macrumors member

i have instagram but the filters all seem so similar.
    Hipstamatic has different filters but the UI interface is horrible...

Havent tried Camera +.

13. hotgrease macrumors regular

i despise instagram. nothing worse than seeing hundreds of sepia pictures with blurred edges posted to FB by people thinking their plate of spaghetti is now "art"

14. PaulyD macrumors 6502

They are well worth it, I only use Camera+ for editing and instagram for the same + sharing with my friends.

Can't go wrong for the money either..

15. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I had camera + for a little while, and I ditched it. It could not take video.

16. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

I am still waiting for Camera+ to introduce back the ability to use the volume button as a shutter.

They had that feature and apple got pissed. Removed it.
    Then app re-introduce it as a wonderful feature natively, but camera+ still hasn't brought it back yet.

17. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

They're definitely not needed, but they add some flavor and capabilities. I enjoy both.

18. unknownx macrumors regular

19. heyloo macrumors 6502

I suggest Camera+ to pretty much all of my friends. They add some nice post-editing to the pictures quick and easy. I'd recommend getting it.

One other app that you might want to look into is Snapseed. Snapseed gives you more flexibility to fine-tune your images, and I use it often with the effects and frames on Camera+.

20. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i think 'PS express' is free. not as much option as other apps, but it'll do its job.

my fav new photo editing app is 'photogene2'. its like photoshop/aperture for iphone.

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

That is a problem with your facebook friends then, not Instagram.

Some people might take Instagram too far, sure, but so what? What's wrong with people liking to take normal pictures, and then "sprucing" them up a little bit?

I understand why photographers who use higher quality cameras, and then use Photoshop to do post-processing are "mad" because now every iPhone customer can edit their image easily using Instagram, but it's not their god-given right to think only they are capable of taking and editing nice pictures.

22. deeddawg macrumors 604

With Camera+ being all of $0.99, it's not a big investment. Less than a soft drink or coffee many buy without a moment's thought.

23. julesw macrumors member

julesw

both are great, also check out hipstamatic - very cool

24. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

They just did. Check the App Store for updates.

25. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

[​IMG]