Is clicking sound of MBA bigger than MBP's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by painholic, Sep 13, 2011.

1. painholic macrumors member

I just switched from MBP to MBA and I am noticing a noticeable clicking sound whenever I use the trackpad. Is this normal? The sound was not as big when I was using MBP.

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

It'll probably sink in and dampen itself after a long while. Your Macbook Pro has probably had a good hammer in all those months.

3. VMMan macrumors 6502a

4. superego macrumors member

It varies a lot. Some MBA do have relatively quiet trackpads, while others can be disturbingly noisy. The same goes for MBP, although they seem slightly less noisy than MBAs on average. But it's a lottery as you might get a quiet trackpad in either MBA or MBP, but I think more common to get a noisy one than a quiet one. It can be annoying if you get a loud trackpad. Consider returning your MBA if it bothers you a lot.

5. tomaseriksson macrumors member

tomaseriksson

Experiences from the macbooks I have had at home:
    My girlfriends 11" air has a lot more noticeable clicking sound then my 13" air. And my 13" air has a slightly more noticeable clicking sound then my old 13" macbook alu.

6. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

The 11" I just returned (for other reasons) was also very loud. Louder than the MBP I used to have. I ended up using tap to click instead.