Is Exposé smoother in 10.5.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by alexandrend, Nov 16, 2007.

1. alexandrend macrumors newbie

Is it my impression or Exposé seems smoother in 10.5.1?

In my Macbook (C2D 2GHz, 2GB Ram, clean install) it was quite choppy when I had more than 5 windows open. Now, after the update it feels much smoother than before.

Can anyone confirm this?

2. Sijmen macrumors 6502a

I don't have the update yet, but that would be great.

Also wondering whether Safa-

3. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

I have the new SR Macbook with the GMA X3100. After installing this update I didn't notice any performance leaps within the animated Leopard effects...I hope that Apple is still refining their GMA X3100 drivers. It's possible there is better support for GMA 950 on your Macbook.

4. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

I clearly see an improvement on my Intel Mac Mini (CD 1.83 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, clean install), Before the update, with Mail and Safari opened with a Finder window in cover flow view, exposé was very choppy. Now it's sometime a little bit choppy. I see also an improvement on Genie effect and dashboard but not on stacks. If I have a few programs opened however, always with a Finder window in cover flow view mode, expose comes back choppy. All in all, I see about 80% improvement.

My Mini is plugged on a 22 '' monitor at native resolution...I might be at the edge of performance of GMA 950... or hopefully it will get improved in the next update.

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

I see a great improvement using a MBP with a X1600 in it.
    -Spaces is smoother
    -Exposé is smoother
    -The genie effect is smoother
    -And in general the graphics throughout the whole OS is much snappier