Is Find My iPhone a safe app to use?

Snoopy89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
I remember reading about how Find My iPhone wasn't a safe app to use because it basically gave data to Apple to track your every move. I've been skeptical on turning it on with my new iPhone but it would add extra insurance to my phone. Can anyone let me know how safe it is to use this app?

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I remember reading about how Find My iPhone wasn't a safe app to use because it basically gave data to Apple to track your every move. I've been skeptical on turning it on with my new iPhone but it would add extra insurance to my phone. Can anyone let me know how safe it is to use this app?
Safe? You'll be fine.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Apple knows where you are at all times even if its off. Even your carrier, Verizon/AT&T/Sprint, knows where you are even if the location services are turned off.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Yes it's safe to use.

derickdub

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
VA
If you are worried about anyone knowing where you are then get rid of every electronic device you own capable of external communications.

Seriously, why would Apple give a rat's ass where you were? Paranoid much?

But yes, it is safe to use.

himynameiscody

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2011
the global elite already can listen to everything you say and do. the app won't increase that at all...if someone wants to find you, they will

----------

Apple knows where you are at all times even if its off. Even your carrier, Verizon/AT&T/Sprint, knows where you are even if the location services are turned off.
not if you're not with your phone....on a more srs note.. can't a lot of phones have that done? or something extra in iphones

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.