Is getting a Iphone a good idea for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super michael, Oct 10, 2013.

1. super michael macrumors regular

For for now the phone I am using is a Samsung galaxy S2 and an Ipod touch 5th gen, I like both devices, but maybe I am thinking of getting a better smartphone maybe next year.

Just curious does the Iphone 5S offer better battery life than the Ipod touch 5?
    Does the Iphone 5s offer better battery than Samsung galaxy S2, S3 and S4?

For now my Samsung galaxy S2 works fine, I guess for when it starts having problem, its when I think of getting another phone.

2. Davejprince macrumors regular

3. dazedxar, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013

dazedxar macrumors member

Ipod will always have better battery life than the iphone.

GS4 has a 2600mAh battery while the iphone 5s has a 1,560mAh battery. On paper the gs4 wins. But both phone will last you the whole day, but that depends if you are heavy phone user or not. When I am out with friends throughout the day, my phone is always the 1st one to go (Usually about 6-7 hours of usage). Their galaxies, nexus 4, etc. are like the energizer bunny, it just kept on going and going.

Iphone vs GS4, you are posting in an Apple forum. Everyone, including myself will tell you to get the iphone 5s. You have to decide for yourself what you want your phone to do and what you need from your phone. Are you just looking for a user friendly phone, easy to manage, dependable smart phone? Apple is for you. If you are a tech-savy guy that likes to customize your phone to your preferences, then android is for you.

4. zedzded macrumors regular

The Iphone 5S is a great phone, but if battery life is of paramount importance for you, I'd look elsewhere. It's pretty poor, although I'm sure 1000 fanboys will happily contradict me. Perhaps the Xperia Z1? Probably not as good as the 5S as an allrounder, but has a large battery.

5. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

An iPhone is pretty much the same exact thing as an iPod only with phone and data functions.

6. NickPhamUK, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013

NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

You're better off waiting for iPhone 6. There's a rumour that says it will be a 4.3-4.7 inch iphone next year. You don't want to go back to a smaller screen, do you?

7. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest I don't really do customizing, what I normally use my mobile phone are these below

Internet
    Facebook
    Play games (rarely since I use my ipod touch to do that)
    Listen to music (rarely since I use my ipod touch to do that)
    Take Photos

@zedzded I have to Xperia Z1 when I get home later.

Edit

I forgot the reason I chose Samsung Galaxy S2 instead of S3 was because of the size of the mobile phone. So that means I won't be interested in S3 and S4 since I think its too big to use only 1 hand.

8. tylerwatt12 macrumors regular

When I had my Nexus 4, the battery would drop up to 1%/minute. I would lucky to get 3 hours of use on it
    I can safely say the iPhone 5S will have better battery life than most Android phones, besides the Razr maxx and LG G2.

9. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

So you had a Nexus 4 which is known to have poorish battery life and you think that qualifies you to make judgements on other Android phones?

10. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

minds well get the iphone and get rid of the ipod. Seems to me you're using the ipod for a lot of things and a iphone would take care of that. Some of these post u have to watch because this forum is full of android trolls just look at their post history, join date and the garbage they say. The iphone 5 and 5s have great battery life.

11. tylerwatt12 macrumors regular

I'm just saying, if he wants good battery life, there's no going wrong with an iPhone. I've owned many Android devices since 2010.

12. IFRIT macrumors 6502a

There are plenty of threads in this very forum I complaining about battery life of the iPhone :confused:

13. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

14. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

15. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Everyone does not. Fanboys and those that assume that their preferences and needs are universal do. Device selection is always a subjective matter and no one device will suit everyone.

OP just needs to take one for a spin. One can read all one wants but it comes down to first hand evlauation of the option being considered in the end.

There are plenty of threads complaining about all sorts of things here on Macrumors. That doesn't mean that every iPhone user is having all these problems. Forum site by their nature tend to skew the perception of issues as people post when they have problems and questions.

Battery life -- as with any device -- is greatly impacted by usage.

Overpriced is subjective.