Is Hannity next? Fox advertisers now pulling out…

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, May 30, 2017.

1. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Yes it's part of the plan. Some of his advertisers are taking a hit because they backed off. USAA is getting hammered and people are closing their accounts and taking their money elsewhere.

3. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Sean Hannity is boring as hell. I can't stand his shtick.

zzzzzzz

4. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Please provide a source for this or retract it.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

As I've said in another thread... pulling out never works.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

How about their community boards, which I believe you have to be a member of to post. Twitter. There's also specific forums for Active Duty/Veterans that require verification sent in that are full of USAA members dropping them and going over to Navy Federal or PenFed. I guess we will see how big of a hit they take come time of the annual year end dividend disbursement.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    You're a great American. He's hardly a Conservative and if anything he's a fair weather.

7. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

8. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

A quick search on social media will show that people are not happy with USAA and are claiming they will go elsewhere.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    That's what.. Oh never mind. :oops:

9. zin macrumors 6502

Democrats on Seth Rich: It's a conspiracy theory for which there is no evidence!!!

Democrats on Russian collusion: Impeach Trump now!!!

10. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

It's hard for me to believe that people would change financial institutions because their bank chose not to advertise on a particular TV show. I suspect that these are just people who enjoy complaining on social media. There's no actual evidence that they've followed through on their words.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

With such massive incompetence, collusion is not required. If this was a corporation, the BOD would have sacked him a while back.

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

You mean like the idiots on social media that are calling for USAA to stop advertising on Hannity?

lol

I suspect some of the people do follow through.

13. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I'll make it easier. I would if I felt the cause was right. Why should I give a bank lending power with my money if I don't agree with their practices.

14. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Like I said we will see come time of the dividend deposits. I've had USAA for a long time, I'm not going to dump them just yet. It's more than just advertising on one show though, it's about capitulating to a minority. When they were faced with criticism they doubled down and said that they don't advertise on "opinion" shows. Whoops they lied. After more criticism they decided to drop other "opinion" shows on MSNBC.

15. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

So USAA members are special snowflakes...Yay I'm finally special just like my mom always said!!!!

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Not as much as the snowflakes threatening to boycott companies that advertise on Hannity. :p

17. zin macrumors 6502

If Trump is massively incompetent, what was Obama's excuse for failing to renegotiate NAFTA and pull out of TPP?

18. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

I've been with USAA for ages as well. I can't imagine changing banks because they decided NOT to advertise on a show.
    Okay, let me see if I understand this correctly:

People who threaten to boycott companies that don't advertise on Hannity = not snowflakes.
    People who threaten to boycott companies that advertise on Hannity = snowflakes.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Maybe on both sides. USAA reacted to a tweet complaining about their advertising on Hannity after Media Matters made destroying Hannity their mission. So that snowflake tweet caused others to threaten to drop USAA.

Me? I get what the complainers are saying. This isn't about Hannity, one person who may or may not even be eligible for USAA services decided to cry about an advert. USAA dropped the advert and were caught in a lie at worst didn't know their own policy at best about their advertising policies. No one is threatening to boycott advertisers of left wing hosts who continue on with the "but but Russia collusion" conspiracy theory.

20. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Oh boy...

Did you see the 'not as much' and the :p?

21. Tapiture macrumors 6502

I have insurance and credit accounts with USAA -- can you explain what you mean? Are people closing their accounts because they advertise during Hannity?

22. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

See posts 6, 14 and 19 then you can form your own opinion. It is my belief that yes some people are dropping them. I am not one of them however because I am happy with the services they offer. I know they're good at insurance when other insurance companies give up on trying to get me to switch after I tell them I have USAA.

23. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Seems the major news networks are trying to balance their left and right viewpoints, but the fact is they are all corporate and military tools with very little substantial difference. The differences are mostly just fabricated and over exaggerated to distract is from going after their taskmasters. Anybody who doesn’t agree with their narrative is quickly marginalized or banned.

Recently found out the Washington Post has a $600 million contract with the CIA. That’s not so they’ll get the real exclusive inside story. It’s so they’ll manufacture consent for more war.

24. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

It is because Trump is massively incompetent that he is renegotiating NAFTA and pulling out of the TPP. Despite what the haters claim, NAFTA has been a decent foundation to increasing trade with Canada and Mexico, and the TPP was our last, best hope of competing with China in the Asian region. Now, Trump is making enemies both north and south of the border, while doing his darndest to place China at the head of the pecking order across the Pacific.

Sure, we could certainly use some improvements in our trade agreements with other nations. But Trump is not making good deals. Trump is destroying good deals, and creating bad ones.

25. zin macrumors 6502

NAFTA has devastated U.S. manufacturing. It has been a huge net positive for Mexico but largely net zero for the United States and Canada. You'll find that Obama said the same thing when he was campaigning, going so far as to promise to renegotiate. He didn't deliver. Instead, he did the opposite and moved onto TPP.

TPP was not a trade agreement. It was a corporate power grab that included restrictions on environmental, labour, and competition regulations by means of the investor-state dispute clause (which would, ironically, result in less open trade in favour of large corporations seeking to protect their profit margins). The TPP had a 'most favoured nation' clause that would have favoured large multinational corporations and is the opposite of what Obama denied as being a race to the bottom. Multilateral trade agreements (a misnomer in this case, as it wasn't a trade agreement) between a mixture of rich and poor countries rarely benefit the rich countries.