Is Hillary Trying to Hijack the Convention?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Jul 15, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

This is something I head on the Ed Shulz Show, an Obama-worshipping talk show on the radio that claims to be "progressive talk"
    So as most of you know, Hillary Clinton for President, which used to be a 2008 presidential election campaign, is now called Friends of Hillary and is a 2012 Senate re-election campaign. Friends of Hillary has untold millions of dollars worth of debt, 12 million of that is to Hillary herself.
    It has about $30 mil in funds on hand that were legally set aside for the general election (you know, the $4600 rule). So, what she is doing now is asking top donors if she can roll over the general election funds to her 2012 senate re election campaign instead of giving refunds.

OK here's where I'm going with this:
    Everybody knows the only reason Hillary moved to New York, where she'd never really lived before, and became a senator was so she could stay a political figure so she could later run for president. and she's already 60 years old, so why would she want to be elected a senator in 2012? Running for senate in 2012 would preclude her from a second act in 2012 should something go wrong with obama's perceived sainthood. On June 3, her supporters chanted "DENVER DENVER", and we all know that chants at rallies are carefully written into the speech and instigated by workers and volunteers.

Is Hillary piling money for the general election because she planning to hijack the convention? And if so, how can she do this while minimizing the punditry that she stole it?
    Discuss.

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

A) She wants to get rid of her campaign debt, and I'm sure this is a way to shift money around to help make that happen.

B) Planning to run for Senate in 2012 does not preclude her from changing her mind later or using it as a backup plan if a 2012 primary doesn't go well.

C) A job in the Senate ain't a bad gig, and I hear a lot of them are well over 60.

D) Hillary Clinton is not dumb. She's not going to "hijack" the convention.

3. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

her camp is taking wierd actions. you cant pay off your primary debt with general election funds. that's against the law.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Jesus effing Christ, what will it take for you people to understand that Clinton lost the primary and Obama is the nominee?

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

What?!?! when did that happen?? :eek:

j/k. I guess some people are keeping home or something. :rolleyes:

6. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

so you think its impossible?

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I'm convinced that stevento is just a guy who thinks Hillary Clinton is really hot and is the love of his life. When he goes to sleep, he dreams of Hillary in a track suit feeding him grapes by the pool with music in the background. When he wakes up, he finds it so unbelievable that OBAMA WON THE NOMINATION (and I'm not voting for him) that he feels compelled to start up conjecture and logic-less threads on MacRumors in some vain hope to kick start a grassroots call for Hillary to supplant Obama come nomination day.

9. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

this is something i heard on Ed Shulz.
    It seems to me that towards the end she was acting like she was going to win. even on June 3 she acted like she was the next president.
    If she were trying to do this‚ how would she go about doing so? She would suspend her campaign and slip into the background where no body is paying attention to what she is doing.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Get over yourself. She is not trying to hijack the convention. Unlike some of her supporters, she has accepted that she lost the nomination and we must do everything in our power to get a Democrat elected

11. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Impossible? No. Improbably? Probably. Would backfire on her and not actually get her anywhere? Yeah. Get over it. It's over.

Seriously, this has to stop, because you're no longer just bordering on delusional.

12. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

its not delusional when there's evidence to support it.
    Hillary is putting her name beside obama's for the nod, which usually doesn't happen once someone becomes the presumptive nominee

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5528104&page=1

I think the reason she's campaigning for him is so later she can say "well i supported you when you were the nod"

13. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

r u kidding me?!

You lost, butt out. I am starting to really not like Mrs. Clinton. :mad:

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Please, can we not just agree to call her "That Woman"??

15. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I'm game for that!

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

17. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

why wouldn't she?
    she has every right to fight all the way until the VERY LAST dog dies and if that means backstabbing, then that's politics.

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

because she's not ****ing retarded?

doing that would completely kill whatever political career she has left.

19. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I don't see any problem with what Hillary said, she is not saying she want the nominee, she said its a better way of uniting the party, by respecting those who didn't vote for Obama in primary.

I think Obama has more realistic thing to worry than this.

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I think Hilary is realistically trying for some clout. She should be on Obama's short list of VP choices.

If for some reason Obama chooses someone else and they have a major scandal behind them, there should be a Plan B to have Hilary be an alternate just in case.

The main prize is to win the White House and Obama should keep his mind very open at this point. Right now, it looks like Obama can win with anybody but so much can happen between now and the election.

That being said, I don't think McCain could remake his already tarnished image. His support of the Iraq war was what killed him for many voters, both Republicans and Independents.

21. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i heard that most ppl mention his veep shortlist has Gov. Tim Kane, Sen. Bayh, and Sen. Biden. Saying Hillary has too much baggage.....

22. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

I'd put Senator Evan Bayh at the head of the list. With one good reason: he has real experience at the governmental executive level as a former Indiana governor.

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Bayh'd be an ok choice, but most people don't know much about him, and I have to wonder if someone isn't going to try to do something with his name or some such thing.

Anyway, yes steve, it is ridiculous and delusional that anything will happen, short of a disaster for him or a miracle for her, for her to be the next Pres. It just isn't going to happen dude. Seriously. And while she is having issues getting over it, apparently it's still easier for her than it is for some of you. She's even been campaigning for him in battleground states. In return, he's helping her pay off her debt.

And lobbying for MI and FL to be fully seated, as I posted in another thread that you apparently ignored because you still seem to want to make him out to be the bad guy.

24. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

25. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP