Is Hillary wearing Carl Zeiss brand z1 blue lenses to treat photosensitive epilepsy?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Interesting study out of Europe:

There aren't normally available in the United States, but Zeiss seems to be making them available by individual request.

Blue lenses... 2016-05-30T184346Z_82195937_D1AETHBMCGAA_RTRMADP_3_USA-ELECTION-CLINTON.jpeg

https://www.johnsonweld.com/

2. samcraig macrumors P6

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

When I saw the optometrist for glasses fitting a couple years ago, I asked about shaded lenses. She had said people shouldn't do that because it makes them look creepy. Personally, tinted lenses are cool and stylish and who knows what made her say what she had. But ask a dozen people and you'll get a dozen plus six more opinions. I think it looks cool.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Really? I'd get tinted lenses so I could look like John Lennon. No one cooler than that

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

How much does Hillary pay you to rent out all that space in your brain?

6. samcraig macrumors P6

She's getting an amazing deal. Maybe SHE is the best NEGOTIATOR!!

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Suddenly she chooses to wear these uncharacteristically dark blue lenses... Given her plethora of ailments it's likely these are needed to keep her ambulatory.

8. MarkusL macrumors 6502

I bet her arms and torso are photosensitive too if she is wearing that Zeiss blue jacket!

Back when Trump talked about the heroes of Seven Eleven I got the idea that this was all just an amazing new season of Jackass, but now it's shaping up to look like a reboot of the X Files.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

How much does she pay you guys to keep deflecting?

10. MarkusL macrumors 6502

She didn't pay me anything, but my foundation has received a generous lifetime supply of blue lenses and cybernetic ear implants.

11. Scepticalscribe, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Oh, good grief.

As it happens, I have specially made (that is, specially made, for me) lenses that I ordered (via my optometrist) from Zeiss in my glasses. That is, my spectacles, those things I wear on the bridge of my nose.

Yes, from Zeiss.

In fact, I have two sets of lenses - and each of them was specially made to order for me, yes, individually - by Zeiss, one for my prescription sun glasses, (to repeat, I have lenses individually made to order by Zeiss for my prescription sunglasses) and the other can be found in my ordinary, every day glasses, the glasses to be found perched on my nose every day of the week.

The nonsensical depths to which some of the threads plummet never cease to amaze me. Perhaps it is merely a misdirected outlet for frustrated creative impulses.

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Just check the maximum amount receivable for section 8 housing and you'll have your answer.

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

The Zeiss lenses seem to be a lighter shade of blue and not have that swirly reflective effect.

Also note that only 3% of people with epilepsy have photosensitivity.

Maybe one of our optometrists can chime in here?

14. AsherN macrumors 6502

It can't possibly be because she likes the colour of the lenses, the shape of the glasses and the quality of Zeiss optics?

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Zeiss is on of the premier optical manufacturers in the world. All the classic Leica cameras used Zeiss lenses (sometimes I wish I had kept my Leica.) Zeiss also makes a lot of medical equipment, too. One thing I've learned during this campaign season is that spectacles can be used to treat non-sight related illnesses. I suspect Zeiss--with their centuries of experience--make excellent optical accessories to treat a variety of neurological maladies and brain disorders.

[​IMG]

16. samcraig macrumors P6

I'll counter your crazy tin foil hat post with this one. I think they are equally credible. Actually - this one might have more basis in truth.

The man who discovered CTE thinks Hillary Clinton may have been poisoned
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...hinks-hillary-clinton-may-have-been-poisoned/

17. MarkusL macrumors 6502

This raises an interesting question:

Is Clinton really a Terminator sent from the future to kill us all, or is she only faking it to attract the Giant Meteor vote?

18. zin macrumors 6502

19. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I think that's actually a body double. Hillary is much older and fatter than that.

20. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Trumpettes reach new heights of insanity.

I am throughly enjoying the voyeurism - watching the minds of fully grown adult men slowly devolve on a daily basis before my very eyes.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

The WP has a long way to go (down) before it hits the level of many posters here.

22. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer says that Hillary should release her full medical records:

23. APlotdevice, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Yes, because surely releasing her medical records will put a stop to the conspiracies.... Just as the 9/11 report silenced the Truthers, and Obama's long form birth certificate silenced the Birthers...

24. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Two thoughts:

On the color of the lenses, it's important to note that many clothing will reflect sunlight and color the face and other objects with a tint. A red jacket can make a person's face appear redder and a blue jacket will likely add color to the reflection surface of sunglasses.

It's also possible that the photographer messed with the levels in order to fix a white balance problem (or just make the colors stronger) and pushed up the blue levels, making the lenses appear blue when they are actually dark grey or black.

The glasses is likely a series of reflections from lenses and not an actual part of the glasses. It could be a fresnel prism—though those usually have a prism that runs from left to right—and those are used to treat a number of conditions in both young and older people.

To assume that it's double vision due to a more significant illness is irresponsible.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016 ---
    QFT.

Those who want Clinton to be sick and dying will just argue that the records are fake, and that Clinton should endure another battery of tests. Even if she immediately passed such tests, conservatives would argue that there remains an uncertainty and that we should "teach the controversy."

Meanwhile, Donald Trump gets a pass even though his doctor's note is obvious ******** that was written in five minutes by Brent Spiner's character in Independence Day.