Is iPhone 4 still the King of all Phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Amazing Iceman, Jan 26, 2011.

?

Is the iPhone 4 the Best Phone at this time?

1. I'm an iPhone owner and I say: YES

115 vote(s)
    65.3%
  2. I'm an iPhone owner and I say: NO

27 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. I'm NOT an iPhone owner and I say: YES

26 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. I'm NOT an iPhone owner and I say: NO

8 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Very Simple Question:

- Is the iPhone 4 still the best phone, or are there other alternatives?

(I know, this is an iPhone 4 Forum. I want to hear it from both current iPhone users and non-iPhone Users)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There is no best phone

There is best for YOU and your situation, needs and wants

Each phone has its advantages and features
    Not everyone's needs are the same

The iPhone 4 is the best phone for me right now

3. mltaylor macrumors regular

I love the iPhone and have since it came out. I also have a Droid X and I really like it but the ease of use goes to iPhone. Plus I have all macs in my house so it makes it easier

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Currently? I'd have to give a resounding yes.

But in a of month the Motorola Atrix 4g is coming out and will take the crown. At least spec wise ;)

5. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

6. Blinkr macrumors newbie

Atrix is just a phone with great specs.
    The actual usefulness of the extra features is close to 0 IMO.

Currently, i think the only phone on par in terms of specs and functionality with the iPhone 4 is probably htc desire hd. That is one damn sxc phone.

7. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Hardware wise the i4 is still current. But OS wise it looks s d feels dated and stale. Right now the Nexus-S ivory nice and super fast and smooth. And coming in a month or two some really cool new phones coming to market.

But i will give credit to the nice design of the iPhone 4 it looks nice and oozes quality and is thin with a great battery. Just to me the iOS is getting stale it needs a freshining and widgets. And for sure the 3.5" screen is way too small for 2011.

8. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I like it :) While I wish some of the hardware specs would be better and it had a larger screen, the iPhone 4 as a whole, hardware + OS, is the best phone for me.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I don't even know what other options are out there but I sure hope it's not still the best after 7 months. That would be really sad for everyone else if they're that far behind.

That doesn't really matter to me, though. iPhones are never the best-of-the-best, hardware wise. I still think iOS is better than all the other phones and that's what matters more to me.

So yes, other phones have better hardware. But looking at the whole package I'd still prefer an iPhone 3GS over the newest model from other companies.

10. jlmitnick macrumors regular

I have an iPhone and voted no because I don't think that the actual phone itself is the best phone. That being said, I think the apps are by far the best, and that's ultimately more important to me so I stick with the iPhone.

11. 3gbuff macrumors member

I voted yes because its the best for me. I can certainly understand people prefering something in the Android line like the Nexus S or Evo, they do look nice and give choice to consumers but for me the Iphone is a perfect match for my needs. Look/style wise, the Iphone 4 is far ahead of anything out there. Hardware wise, maybe the Iphone could use an upgrade to keep up but for now, its no sloutch.

12. elan123 macrumors 6502

Way to be honest... Most owners are going to say YES regardless of what they really think.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. The best phone is the one that handles your specific needs. While I currently have the iPhone 4, I do like the htc Android phones.

14. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I have a 3GS and a Samsung Focus and both have their good and bad points.

As for the iPhone, I think it is a terrible "phone".
    It's a great mobile device for apps and such, but it is sub-par in the area of actually dealing with voice calls.

15. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Personally it's the best for me however I'm fairly certain would say the same thing on a Mac Forum! You'd be better posting this on a neutral phone forum.

16. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Asking if the iphone is the best phone on this forum is like asking if
    The blackberry is the Blackberry Bold is the best phone at a Blackberry phone..

Either way you will get biased information.

17. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

As others have said, there is no real 'king', but iPhone is certainly up there with the best. Its small screen will hold it back though. Other phones can be less 'elegant' but have a beautiful 4" screen and as such 'seem' better.

I use mine mainly for phone, music, camera, some light browsing at odd moments (screen's too small to get serious) and goofing around with jailbreaking. Give me a larger screen and I wouldn't give it up for anything.

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It's NEVER been the best phone.

And in the smartphone dept it's still missing a few key features.

That being said, it's still my smartphone of choice.

19. edk99 macrumors 6502a

All around it is still the best phone out there.

It might not have the biggest screen, the best camera, fastest processor or nicest style but the operating system (iOS) is a huge factor in it still being the best phone out there.

20. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Until the iPhone 5 is released the iPhone 4 will remain the "king of all phones"

21. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

No idea if it's the best. I haven't tried any other recent smartphone since the iPhone came along, and am unlikely to... it would be too much hassle to re-find/re-buy/replace all my apps.

I don't know if it's the best phone, but it's good enough that I'm not looking constantly, longingly at the Android phones out there.

22. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

LOL drinking the kool-aid much ?

23. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

24. Savor Suspended

Savor

I approve of this message.

No such thing really as the best phone or one phone that rules all. If I went to an Android or BlackBerry forum, they would sound bias too of their preference. Some like the customization of Android or security and emailing/texting of BlackBerry more. Based all-around, iPhone 4 is still the best and most popular. Based on specs, maybe not anymore.

25. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2