Is iphone 6/6+ display free of interlacing issues?

Valkyre

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Hi folks,

I am down for an iphone 6 and I was wondering if new iphones are free of the pretty common screen interlacing issues that plagued iphone 5/5s/5c.

I would appreciate any feedback on this, since it concerns me after having 2 consecutive iphone displays with this issue.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Never noticed it on the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S and 5C.

I'm going to predict, if you noticed it then, you'll notice it now. ;)

Valkyre

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Never noticed it on the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S and 5C.

I'm going to predict, if you noticed it then, you'll notice it now. ;)
Not really, never noticed in on my 3gs/4/4s but did notice it on both my 5cs as well as 5s.

It was a pretty common issue for these models in particular. Hard to notice, but well... noticeable :D

Valkyre

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
So was light leak, yellow screen, nicks, etc. So why are you focusing on interlacing?

Just buy the phone.
Because that is what I am interested on and that is the one that annoys me the most. Yellow screen I dont find it such a problem, light leak not so much as well on iphone.

Screen interlacing though? Yeah I dont like it.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
Because that is what I am interested on and that is the one that annoys me the most. Yellow screen I dont find it such a problem, light leak not so much as well on iphone.

Screen interlacing though? Yeah I dont like it.
You shouldn't find interlacing a problem either because no one is talking about it. So if one person comes in here and states they have an interlacing issue, you are going to bypass the phone even though no one else is talking about it? Sounds dumb.

Buy the phone. Return it if you have an issue.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Not really, never noticed in on my 3gs/4/4s but did notice it on both my 5cs as well as 5s.

It was a pretty common issue for these models in particular. Hard to notice, but well... noticeable :D
It's probably subjective.

You are best going to an Apple store and seeing one for yourself

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
It smells like farts when it vibrates!?!?!

PASS!

#FartGate #Unbelivable #MRFrontPage

STEVE would have never let it smell like farts!

#CONFIRMED

Valkyre

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
You are asking a question about an issue that has not come up at all. Therefore, it's not an issue.

I think I'll start a thread and ask if the phone smells like farts when it vibrates. I just want to make sure before I buy it.
Who said it is an issue? Did you even read the post? I am asking for feedback!

This was an issue for at least 2 gens of apple displays and as such I am simply asking for any type of confirmation that this thing is not happening any more.

Take a look at the huge amount of threads that exist about interlacing displays, even prior to the release of the new phones.

So how is this such a big annoyance to you, in order to pretty much revert to insults?

Valkyre

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
No it's not present on my 6, and it was on my 5c
Finally some feedback, thanks for this. Both my 5c's had this and I am hopeful that this is a thing of the past for the new phones. Especially with their bigger screens it would be more noticeable if it existed.

munakib

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2011
Finally some feedback, thanks for this. Both my 5c's had this and I am hopeful that this is a thing of the past for the new phones. Especially with their bigger screens it would be more noticeable if it existed.
Yah on my iPhone 6 Plus its not there. I never had this issue on any of my previous iphones (2G/3/4/4S/5) until I had to get my iPhone 5 replaced at AppleStore and they gave me one with interlacing issue which was extremely annoying. Obviously people who had the interlacing issue returned it to Apple and they just restocked it as refurbished in order to hand them back to us.

I will always be really careful if I ever take a replacement back from Apple.

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Yah on my iPhone 6 Plus its not there. I never had this issue on any of my previous iphones (2G/3/4/4S/5) until I had to get my iPhone 5 replaced at AppleStore and they gave me one with interlacing issue which was extremely annoying. Obviously people who had the interlacing issue returned it to Apple and they just restocked it as refurbished in order to hand them back to us.

I will always be really careful if I ever take a replacement back from Apple.
How do we test for this issue again?

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
Yes, they are! Finally! I have both. I also had a lot of 5's and 5S's, all of them but one had it.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Yes, they are! Finally! I have both. I also had a lot of 5's and 5S's, all of them but one had it.
Thanks for the reply man this really reassures me that the problem is now gone! Again thank you!

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I thought the issue was gone because my first iPhone 6 was perfect in this regard. However iPhone 6 replacement has slight interlacing and flickers with the test images on forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.