Is is possible to swap my iphone 5 if I do not have a receipt?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itismadhan, Oct 17, 2012.

1. itismadhan macrumors member

Hey guys,

I got my iphone 5 from XDA marketplace(I got tired of going to the store everyday and come back empty. I wanted to get the phone at full retail price and that couldn't be done by pre-order online)and yeah, the phone doesn't have a receipt but I got it sealed in a box. It came out of the box with a ding on an edge. My question is can I add Applecare to it and get a different device or swap for a different device without a receipt? Please let me know. Thanks!

2. itismadhan thread starter macrumors member

Yes on which part? Can I swap for a different one now?

3. Merkie macrumors 68020

To the thread title, so yes, you can swap for a different one at the Apple Store.

4. itismadhan thread starter macrumors member

Do I have to wait until they get new shipment though or do they have replacement phones with them all the time?

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It's a ding bro, just put a case on it. Chances are you will get a refurb with more than just a ding. Don't take your chances.

6. itismadhan thread starter macrumors member

Dang. That made me thinking! I do have the switcheasy tones on it to cover up and the phone has no problems but everyone here seems to think having the phone naked is the best way to go! I wanna have the option of doing that! :(

7. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

if it bothers you that much put a bumper on it. Mine has a self-caused ding and I'm not OCD so it's hardly noticeable and it's in an out of reach area

8. Merkie macrumors 68020

9. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Btw if you get a case.. don't get the Griffin Reveal.. the back aluminum of my phone was scuffed while the case was on. I returned the case and got a different one with rubber in-siding.