Is it a bad idea to go to the Apple store just for a dock tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Goldfire, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Goldfire macrumors member

Goldfire

So I got my iPhone 4 today, but I didn't think to order a dock online before they got backordered. If I go to the Apple store to try and get a dock tomorrow, am I going to end up waiting forever like the people trying to get a phone?

2. normandy7 macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. I might give Radio Shack and Best Buy a try before going to the Apple store.

3. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    Nope, iPhone lines will be separate. Get what you want and grab someone on the floor so you can pay right away and go.

4. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Might be a store-to-store difference, but last time (3GS sale date) my Apple store was telling folks they were "closed" to anything but iphone pick-ups.

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

It probably depends upon the store like you say. My local Apple Store will be open to everyone at 7:00 AM tomorrow. I am going in around that time to (hopefully) pick up some protector films. :)

6. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

So people picking up iPhone 4s that day wouldn't be able to simultanously buy a bumper or another accesory?

Seems stupid to do that.

7. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Yes phone buyers could get accessories, but if you weren't there to buy a phone they were asking people to come back the next day. No casual browsing even at the time I was there.