Is it a bug in Messages?

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Hi,
Each time a write a double dash in Messages the text after the dashes disappears after I send the message. The recipient sees the full message for a second and then it disappears.
Ex. “Hi — my name is John Doe”.
The part “my name is John Doe” goes away.
Anyone else noticed this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Does this happen with iMessages or text messages (or both)? Does it happen with multiple different recipients? What about if they send you something similar?

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Does this happen with iMessages or text messages (or both)? Does it happen with multiple different recipients? What about if they send you something similar?
iMessages (blue). Not when I send it to myself. Both ways (both when I receive the message or send it).
[doublepost=1509052860][/doublepost]Restarted the phone and it’s not doing it anymore. If it happens again I will make a video. Weird.

hlfway2anywhere

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2006
Hi,
Each time a write a double dash in Messages the text after the dashes disappears after I send the message. The recipient sees the full message for a second and then it disappears.
Ex. “Hi — my name is John Doe”.
The part “my name is John Doe” goes away.
Anyone else noticed this?
I experienced this issue yesterday on my iPad running 11.0.3. I sent a really long message that started with a preface and a double dash. I hit send and the entire rest of the message disappeared and i had to write it again. Recipient never got the long part. Just everything before the “—“