Is it a good idea to buy a locked iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nickbg, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nickbg macrumors newbie

So yeah is it a good idea to buy a locked to another nation iphone 4 because I might get one thats really cheap .

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I guess it depends on how cheap? Unless you can get that carrier to officially unlock it you will always be at the mercy of the jail break and unlock teams. It, you may be able to find a seller on eBay or someplace that does iPhone unlocks on that carrier. In short, we need more information

3. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

If you're getting it for cheaper than an unlocked iPhone 4, I'd say go for it, simply because IMEI unlocks still work well...

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Rule of thumb: There are no cheap iPhone, but oh well, ur risk.

5. nickbg thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the one I could get is 135 Euros / 177 Dollars but its locked and I dont know is it worth to buy it and try to unlock it because from what ive gathered its not that hard to unlock them from what ive gathered atleast.

6. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

It depends on lots of things. Country of origin, carrier, version of firmware/baseband... Not worth taking the risk, IMO

7. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

See what firmware it has and then check to make sure it is unlockable.

If you buy it and then can't unlock it, you can always resell it to someone else and recover most of your money.