Is it a one shot deal with reserving a 6s/6s+ for pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Oct 3, 2015.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

This morning at exactly 8am I woke up to try and reserved a 6s+ for pickup.

I was able to get to the point where I could finalize my reservation but because I didn't previously logged in to my account I had to re-enter my login information. It only took a couple of seconds but by that time, it was already taken.

So was this a one shot deal for me until the following day at 8am?

Or do you think Apple updates its contents so I still have a chance of reserving one today?...all I have to do is keep refreshing the page all day long?...haha!

2. Kalvin00 macrumors regular

I'm not sure they get stock on Saturday, but I bought my 6S Plus on Thursday. The local store had no phones showing available at 8 am, but around 12:15 that day they suddenly had a bunch in stock.

You could just check istocknow.com live map, that's what I used

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'd check once in a while in a day. I checked my local apple store, didn't have any in stock, around noon, it got updated and there was some 6S Plus available for AT&T model but was 16 GB Gold and 64 GB RG. Of course I don't know why I have the habit of checking when I actually have a 6S Plus. Pretty lame for me tho. haha.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sometimes stock becomes available during the day. I reserved one at 2:30 PM the day after launch (Saturday).

5. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

No need to worry I do the same thing. I got mine on launch day the exact one I wanted and everything, but for some reason I check daily too

6. Dunbar macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to me. Thursday I was refreshing the page at 8am a few times before it let me select my state (California.) By the time I finished the reservation the unit wasn't available. I monitored istocknow.com and my local store got some are noon and I was able to reserve one.

7. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

has anyone had experience with reservations not available on apple.com but showing up anyways and ending up seeing they had it in stock and getting the same phone you want?

8. Dunbar macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what you're asking here. If they don't show stock online you can't make a reservation. Your only other option is to try a walk-in and hope they have stock. It seemed like quite a few people were walking-in with no reservation when I bought my 6S+ on Thursday.

9. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was typing too fast :)

I meant not being able to reserve a phone you want for pickup at apple.com because it was out of stock, but show up at an Apple Store anyways and the store end up having it in stock, thereby allowing you to walk away a happy customer :) ?