Is it a risk to buy new T-Mobile iPhones on Craig's List or eBay?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Ann P, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Ann P, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013

Ann P macrumors 68020

I see quite a lot of brand new, sealed T-Mobile iPhone 5's going on Craigslist. Problem is, aren't these bad esns because most likely, the account owner still needs to pay off the device? (T-Mobile has no contracts so users are obligated to pay off the phone)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If it is new, then it should be sealed. Otherwise it should be Used-Like New condition.

Don't be afraid to ask to see it. Meet in broad day light and in a very public area where there is lots of people. If selling, accept cash only, and same principle applies if you buy. Use cash only.

Never buy anything on Craigslist that is in another town and seller says they'll ship. Always trust your gut feeling if you feel the "run away/walk away". Plenty of iPhones out there to risk yourself.

3. Ann P thread starter macrumors 68020

Sorry, did you even read the question?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I read it, but you edited it out what i read at the time of posting. Yet regarding your problem, my entire advice still applies. Try out the device using your own SIM. If it works and you can make calls good, otherwise, why buy it?