Is it advisable to use the film which came with MBP 2010 as protector?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Apr 20, 2010.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

I know some users use the Invisible shield as a protector for the MBP 2010. I have seen several unboxing videos and noticed that new MBPs are wrapped by a film right out of the box. Is it advisable to use that transparent film to protect the laptop from getting scratched?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't know why you would. That plastic is kind of annoying to try and manipulate.

3. mbpjohnson macrumors member

I thought the same thing as I was taking it off but it did not stick and ended up taking it off any ways. I am going to try to find some type of protector today, its way to pretty to even get finger prints on it let alone think about a scratch.

Phil

4. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

5. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Tape??

No man. Just get an invisible shield. They are expensive, I know... but if you enter this contest to win an iPad and they will send you an email and with 50% off. It will costs you $27.50. They have this "free shipping on orders above $29.99. So just put in the cart the invisible shield for your computer + a little 4.99 bag. Everything will end up costing $29.99 with FREE shipping.

6. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

With the promotion Guiguiga mentioned I'd get the Invisible shield too since they offer a "lifetime" warranty with it (if it even tears etc. send the old skin back to them and they'll send you a new one. However, for regular prices the $49.99 or whatever it is now is way too expensive. www.bestskinsever offers a similar product for $27.99 regular price.

7. aksmax macrumors member

I got a new MBP last week. The plastic wrap is definitely not suitable for long term use. It's got the adhesion of a post-it and thickness of a ziplock bag.

I'm also a big fan of invisible shield. I have full body versions on my ipod touch and Canon digicam. I've also used screen versions for cameras and a blackberry. Excellent product.

However, I wouldn't consider it for the MBP. With such a forgiving finish and relatively wide expanses, I don't see it as a good match. But I'm curious to hear form others who have gone that route with laptops. I AM thinking about doing something to the glossy screen. That's really distracting.

8. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

Invisible shields are awesome.
    I didn't use anything for my macbook, other then removing dust, when do you touch the screen? Even then when would something scratch it.