Is it better to order through Apple as opposed to your carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonzoxd, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Its just a gut feeling I have but I feel like as if ordering through Apple we may get quicker shipment because they have access to the first batch and that they have better shipping options.

Is this true?

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

If you ever have to return to the carriers, you may encounter a device restocking fee. I am every sure Apple does not (for 14 days).

3. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

False. Carrier preorders deliver the same day as those from Apple. Return policies are just as generous.

4. Ashtar macrumors regular

Not quite. Carriers such as AT&T have restocking fee of $35, while Apple does not.

5. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I assume Att will be pre ordering as well, or will they do their usual "call after 9:00 am, so we can assist you"? Like normal business hours?

6. sonicdissent macrumors regular

I've done phone pre-orders since the 4, ATT will also deliver on release day provided you get in to that first batch. I actually feel it's easier because the point of failure in ordering for apple is usually checking att's servers for your upgrade eligiblity..cut out the middleman.

7. AngelasAshes macrumors newbie

AngelasAshes

If I'm signing a NEXT contract do I have to pre-order through AT&T? Also is their a URL to the pre-order page yet?

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I have to order from att because I have a next phone that isn't paid up to 12 months yet. I'll order from the att app, pay it off. Then when my iPhone comes I'll get a shipping label and I have 30 days to return my next phone that I have now.