Is it better to pre order online, or after trying the Watch on, on April 10th?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by JCT1212, Mar 30, 2015.

1. JCT1212 macrumors regular

On 9to5mac they said that on April 10, you could try an Apple Watch on, and reserve it, guaranteeing that it will be available to pickup on launch day. Would anyone do that instead of pre-ordering online? I would if it guarantees it even more!

2. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

It depends on availability. This is the unknown.

If you go to the store, try one on, deliberate for a while then go to buy and find out "Oh sorry, that model is sold out, but good news! we still have the Edition model!"

In other words: first come first served.

3. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

i'm going to pre-order it, and then return if I don't like it.

in fact, I might pre order both sizes and return one if I don't like the fit.

whatever it takes so I don't have to go to Apple store. Don't like it there, like it much less when you have to book an appointment.

4. JCT1212 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm definitely going in on the 10th to try one on, so if they still have stock maybe I'll reserve mine and cancel my pre-order made that morning if need be.

5. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

Are people seriously offended by this? :confused:

6. JCT1212 thread starter macrumors regular

I think it's great to have an appointment, because you can try a few watches on without having to wait!

7. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

that's true, except you need to get to there, and then wait until they call your name.

And if you live in a big city, there will undoubtedly dozens of people around you watch your every move. Apple store is so crowded, I do everything I can to avoid visiting them

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I think that if you are not sure what you want you really should wait. Day one is for those of us who KNOW what they want (in my opinion).

9. JCT1212 thread starter macrumors regular

At my local store, the area around the genius tables isn't too crowded. I hope the Apple Watch try-on centre will be more like that, with only a certain number of people allowed to try watches on at a time

10. Beeray, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015

Beeray macrumors regular

I'm going to preorder and then make an appointment. I'll choose a color, I know the model number I want.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

You can't reserve a specific model during these reserved try on sessions from what I can tell from the articles on the main MacRumors page. You can only try them on. If you want to reserve for I store purchase and pickup of a particular mode you have to do it online. At least that's how I interpret what it says. If you look at the last two paragraphs that's what it seems to say.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/03/29/apple-watch-reservation-only/

12. technosix macrumors 6502a

I can see it now, things are going to get very messy, arguments will erupt and Apple Faithful will be jilted.

A thrill a minute for innocent bystanders. There's going to be some very animated conflicts taking place. With no lack of excitement, this will be great for the TV news. :)

13. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

I'll preorder for pickup.

I find it fun to going to a Mall and picking it up after waiting, knowing you don't have to shop or wait for anything.

I'm sure i'll like the one it get. Not a big deal.

I wonder if they will sell out of certain models?

I haven't a clue.

----------

I like the stores. The reason I like them is that i've found they are very quick in and out, even when it's mobbed.

However, you mentioned appointment. This is not going to work for me. I will balk if they get funny about it.

Can't make me stay.

----------

Absolutely, if they insist on anything. I'm not going in for a checkup. Or course it's unlikely. But ya neva know