Is it complicated to change App Store and iCloud affiliated email account?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hajime, Feb 16, 2016.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hi, I have been using App Store with an old email account for many years. With recent purchase of iPhone, I believe I also used the same email account that I used for App Store to set up iCloud. Will there be problem if I change this email address to another one? Will I mess things up?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Sign in with you iCloud account at the Apple Support site Manage your Apple ID and sign in and add an alias to sign in with.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks. I plan to move from yahoo to google account since the latter has google calendar which could be useful if I use Android device again. If I add my google account as alias, will calendar from each account get merged to the calendar app on both my Mac and iOS devices? Actually, is there an advantage on using google rather than yahoo email account for iCloud and App Store?

4. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Yahoo has push email, while with Gmail you only get fetch (iPhone has to reach out every so often and check for new messages.) I believe Gmail iOS app can do push email, but only if you download and use their email app instead of the native iOS one.

You can configure each account (google/yahoo/iCloud) with it's own services, such as contacts, calendar, notes, etc. I find it easy to turn off all but the email and store everything in one account to avoid getting things "lost" between services, but if you wish you can use multiple ones without problems.

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

For storing everything in one account, which email account do you recommend? Gmail, yahoo or hotmail?