Is it even going to be possible to purchase a white iPhone online at the 599 price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rrjr80, Jul 18, 2010.

  1. rrjr80 macrumors member

    rrjr80

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #1
    Yes, another white iPhone 4 topic.

    I am having a feeling that buying one online might not even happen. A friend of mine wants an iPhone 4 but doesn't want to wait. He's offering to purchase mine, so now I am thinking about doing it and trying to grab a white. But will Apple even allow you to buy one for the unsubsidized price online? They won't let you do it now for a black one, so what is the likelihood they will for white?
     
  2. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

    Mickyfin

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2010
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    Check the Apple website on the 30th. Failing that, go to your nearest Apple store on the 30th to buy a white iP4.
     
  3. rrjr80 thread starter macrumors member

    rrjr80

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #3
    Yeah, that was my original plan but now I am going on vacation. He wants my phone before I leave. Ugh.
     
  4. patent10021 macrumors 68030

    patent10021

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2004
    #4
    yes another one with the same questions too.
     
  5. chris975d macrumors 68000

    chris975d

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2008
    Location:
    Georgia, USA
    #5
    You can do it on AT&T's website. Actually, even though I have the black iP4 now, it shows me as eligible for the partial upgrade price $399 for 16Gb and $499 for 32Gb black right now, if I want to "upgrade" (it's not a real upgrade as I already have the iPhone 4). And I have the option to pay the "no commitment" pricing for a new black model right now. So I'd imagine it'd be the same for me if I want the white when it comes out. I had planned to just buy the white at the full no commitment pricing when it comes out and sell my black, but if they are really going to let me already take advantage of the partial discount on upgrade price and allow me to get the 32Gb for $499, I may just take them up on that. It'll only move my upgrade date for next year by a month.
     

Share This Page