is it finally time to have a dream uMBP for maclovers who has financial difficulties

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macmania82, Jun 4, 2009.

1. macmania82 macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I'm a macbook dreamer who has financial difficulties. Do you think unibody macbook pro prices will go down after WWDC? if so, what do you think about the reduction (-10%, 15%, .. ?)

thanks a lot for posts!

2. xlp macrumors newbie

The prices will be the same after WWDC.

If they are changing any prices it will be UP not down.

3. entergreenland macrumors newbie

If there are any small updates the old ones may come down in price in the refurb store but probably not by much.

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I agree with this. Yes, Macs are great and stuff. But if you're having financial difficulties, I would not buy a new one. I echo getting a refurb, or waiting for the update and then buying the "old" model that goes on sale.

5. silentnite macrumors 6502a

silentnite

I'd like a Macbook white or black 2.13 or 2.4, Blu-Ray drive & 320GB 7200HDD. I'd like it to have fire wire 400 so I could use my old mini dvd recorder, 13" screen is okay but much better looking and It should have Bluetooth 3.0. Almost forgot I want it all for $999.00. Every1 out there in Macworld knows this is just a dream:)

6. iMacmatician macrumors 601

The only cheaper "MacBook Pro" I see is a possible rebranding of the 13" (aluminum) MacBook.

This might be a reason to increase the price of the 15" MacBook Pro (and possibly the 13" too).

7. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Frankly, people with financial difficulties probably shouldn't be considering major purchases right now.

It's called fiscal responsibility.

8. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

If you can, I heard Apple's got some great deals in regards to finance your purchase. You may even want to look at some refurb from Apple, always good deals there.

9. macmania82 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for posts friends. but if you are from a country like Poland, refurbished is not solution :( and if you have no trustful friend in USA, UK, etc.... :(