Is it going to be too late to sell my used 8GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsadwith, Jun 8, 2008.

1. jsadwith macrumors newbie

I see on Ebay that people are still getting $350+ for used (and even scratched!) unlocked 8GB iPhones. With the launch of the 3G phone and AT&T subsidy, do you think this price will drop significantly? Should I try to sell ASAP, or should I not be too worried? I'm afraid I've missed the boat!

2. RobUM macrumors newbie

I don't plan to sell mine until after I buy the new one...you'd be surprised how stupid people on eBay are.... I'm sure it'll still be possible to pull $150/$200+ ...at least I hope so :D

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

There will always be a market for a used iphone. The prices will just change once the new one is announced and then when it becomes available. I'm guessing that the new one will have stronger unlocking prevention measures, so the old model will retain some value for a while with the unlocking and jailbreaking crowds.

You still have some time though. The iphone will most likely be announced at wwdc tomorrow, but won't be available for purchase until the end of the week. AT&T has sent a memo telling employees about a promotion starting the 15th or 17th, so the sales won't start until then.

4. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

no not at all!

iPhone is a good piece of kits and there will always be a demand

5. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

DUDE go to the apple store and get it swapped for a new one (give them any excuse, safari crashing etc and they'll do it)

and then just go to craigslist... so much easier than ebay.

6. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

never too late to sell. just listed my 5th iPhone on ebay minutes ago.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

That's deception, immoral and raises the price of all Apple goods and services. Why would you suggest that?

8. suMMx macrumors regular

just do a quick sell on craigslist, i sold mine for $350 on friday.