Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsadwith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
I see on Ebay that people are still getting $350+ for used (and even scratched!) unlocked 8GB iPhones. With the launch of the 3G phone and AT&T subsidy, do you think this price will drop significantly? Should I try to sell ASAP, or should I not be too worried? I'm afraid I've missed the boat!

RobUM

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2008
I don't plan to sell mine until after I buy the new one...you'd be surprised how stupid people on eBay are.... I'm sure it'll still be possible to pull $150/$200+ ...at least I hope so :D

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
There will always be a market for a used iphone. The prices will just change once the new one is announced and then when it becomes available. I'm guessing that the new one will have stronger unlocking prevention measures, so the old model will retain some value for a while with the unlocking and jailbreaking crowds.

You still have some time though. The iphone will most likely be announced at wwdc tomorrow, but won't be available for purchase until the end of the week. AT&T has sent a memo telling employees about a promotion starting the 15th or 17th, so the sales won't start until then.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
DUDE go to the apple store and get it swapped for a new one (give them any excuse, safari crashing etc and they'll do it)

and then just go to craigslist... so much easier than ebay.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
DUDE go to the apple store and get it swapped for a new one (give them any excuse, safari crashing etc and they'll do it)

and then just go to craigslist... so much easier than ebay.

That's deception, immoral and raises the price of all Apple goods and services. Why would you suggest that?

suMMx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
just do a quick sell on craigslist, i sold mine for $350 on friday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.