Is it just me or apps are starting to run pretty slow on ios 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by FatPuppy, May 26, 2014.

1. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

When I install ios 7 on my iphone 4, all apps run normally but when I downgrade to 6.1.3, everything becomes slow and sometimes laggy.

2. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

3. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Placebo effect.

4. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

What about "2048" game? It lags pretty bad on 6 but runs smooth as butter on 7.

5. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

This is about your iPhone, only you have your iPhone and your version of iOS 6 so others won't know or experience the same thing.

6. FatPuppy thread starter macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I was expecting some answers from some devs, I know people forgot about 6 and maybe devs know better.

7. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Well in that case iOS 7 should run apps slower than 6 on your phone so I don't know what's going on, maybe 2048 is designed for iOS 7. :)

8. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

When i first installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 i noticed it was slow compared to fresh iOS 6 installation then after few days i couldn't tell the difference, mind you i never restore app data or back ups from iTunes, i start fully fresh, i don't even keep pictures, iCloud has my Contacts stored and that's that.

Over time apps store more data example if you use Whatsapp or iMessage for 5 months + you're bound to send and receive multiple pictures/Text which with time makes the app launch slower than it did when it was first installed because the application needs time to initialize your data when launched, add on that apps are being built and beefed up and optimized for devices that were factory shipped with iOS 7 installed to take advantage of the hardware bump so of course they'll run slower on older devices that came with iOS 6. Just my two cents. I couldn't by far from being a developer just sharing my experience maybe someone else might shed more light.

9. afsnyder macrumors 65816

Apps are probably optimized for iOS 7 even though they run for iOS 6.

10. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

iOS 7 will be the primary focus of any developer, as that's what most customers use. iOS 6 is an added bonus really, and it requires a lot more work due to the massive shift in design language. Most new apps are iOS 7+ for this reason