Is it just me, or does Simon seem like a great fit on the iPhone??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jasonnorm, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

Any Developers want to whip up a Simon game for the :apple: iPhone? The touch interface would be PERFECT for this game! :D

For all you kiddies out there too young to remember Simon, here is a Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_(game)

:cool:

2. The General macrumors 601

I'd thought of this back when Lights Off came out. Simon would be great. :D

Too bad I'm not a programmer! :(

3. zinj macrumors member

That would be awesome. Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to make, either. Of course, even making hello world is too difficult for me, but hey! someone else could probably do it :)

4. Dignon macrumors newbie

5. jasonnorm thread starter macrumors regular

jasonnorm

6. Dignon macrumors newbie

haha - ok, but in this particular case, I don't think a native app is going to improve anything. Plus, the one linked to also has a highscore list with all the other users so you can see how you rank with other users on the internet... a native one probably wouldn't do something like that.

I agree that native games are probably going to be better in most situations... but that doesn't mean that native is *always* better. ;-)

Cheers!

7. The General macrumors 601

Yeah, I think people need to just quit making web-apps. No one likes them. Everyone I know that has an iPhone either:

1. Doesn't know about web-apps and thus doesn't use them. Or,
    2. Has hacked their phone, hates web-apps and only plays native games.

Web-apps are pointless.

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Pointless? Hardly...

I'm using a few different web apps... I wouldn't say they're pointless at all. They're especially good for things that you also want to access from your computer, like http://www.tadalist.com/ for example. With that I can have a to-do list on my iPhone that I can also access from any computer.

Also, right now I don't really see any native apps available that I'd actually want to use. Although, I'm sure that will change as more apps are developed.

9. earthsick macrumors regular

Apollo IM, iBlackjack, NES, Mobile Finder, and Summerboard are all examples of excellent third party native apps. The rest get a gold star for effort and literally get better every day.