Is it just me or does the new phone dialpad look super tacky?

Goldfrapp

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
It's almost as if Google or Skype or some other cheap tasteless third-party company contributed to the redesign. Ugh, I wanna vomit.

Parise

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2012
Orlando, FL
I think its nice....

Would be great if they incorporated searching for contacts using the keypad though.

Comment

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
If they didn't update it, then people would be complaining it was the same old design - they can't win.

Comment

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Dude, the OS has had the same design for 5+ years.

Forgive the masses if they would like to see something new.

lol i think he was just making a point that not everyone is going to be happy one way or the other. no need to get your panties in a bunch.

Comment

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Looks good to me. Of course, it will look slightly different on the larger iPhone 5 screen.

I love the look of the new weather app on the iPhone. It looks very modern looking.

Comment

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Is this what it's come to? Complaining over how the Dialpad looks? Do people even use it that much? Damn! I hate this phone every time I dial a new number I just want to kill someone.

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i'm glad that they've finally changed it. the old design was a pain to use at times for me. this looks like it will be easier for me to see and use when needed, not that it ever gets much use as it is.

Comment

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I like it, it helps people that can't see as well, I'd bet.
NO.

I can tell you (as I'm half blind/legally blind in the other eye) that the original keypad was perfectly fine. This however is awful. If you can't see very well, everything blends in. Especially since the type is much thinner and the letters are greyish against white.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.