Is it just me or there are loads of iPhone 6s AVAILABLE in the market right now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by animatedude, Oct 8, 2015.

1. animatedude macrumors 65816

Apparently, this is the first time in iPhone history where there's no shortage of supply nonsense? i'm a bit surprised no one is talking about this!

You can now order the iPhone online and get it within 3-5 days! actually you can buy one by just walk in to the store...

Can someone please shed some lights on this? has Apple changed its ways or is it just this time....

2. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

Well, prior to the release there were rumors that Apple had ordered over 90 million new iPhones, that might have something to do with this. I'm surprised as well, it's a huge difference compared to last year.

At one hand it would mean iPhone 6s is not selling well, but then again... They might have a lot more phones in stock than ever before, to be well prepared. That's a good thing of course. :)

3. coney718 macrumors regular

The 6s is available but the 6s+ is backordered everywhere. I think more people opted for the Plus this time around.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

3 to 5 days is delayed.

5. doboy macrumors 68000

It's been like that since day 1. It's the plus version that's pretty difficult to purchase.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I ordered my 6s+ and my wife's 6s on Saturday, the day after launch. I got them the following Tuesday. One of the T-Mobile reps was jealous because her iPhone 6s which she had preordered the week before launch day still hadn't shipped.

I'll also throw in the fact that my wife's 6s was the Rose Gold.

However, both our phones are the 128GB model and those don't sell as fast so that may be why we got them so quickly.

It took my wife's last year release Gold iPad Air 2 longer to get here than her phone!

7. Mydu macrumors newbie

Mydu

Tomorrow is launch day in my country (Spain) and when reservations opened all the 6s+ available
    were reserved in less than 1 h. I was lucky I could reserve one 6s+ 64 gb in rose gold :))))

8. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

Yes! The Apple Store and AT&T had a surplus of 6s's. When it came to the Plus it was a whole other story, with 3-4 weeks wait on AT&T's end. I got lucky and was able to make a reservation at a Apple Store a hour and a half away from me. When I picked it up guy told me it was the last one. The plus seems really hard to get!

9. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm a bit surprised no Apple related websites ran a story about this yet....there are LOADS of iPhones out there available unlike any other year.....does anyone here remember what it was like to have your hands on the new iPhone 4? lol ppl waited for months!

10. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

The 6S is available everywhere, but the 6S Plus is REALLY hard to find. The carrier stores don't expect to have any stock until mid-November at the earliest, and it's a total cra

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Really?

I must have been very lucky. Two days to get mine.

12. convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

There is no new story here. Its an "s" model. For the vast majority of the public (i.e., no one on this forum), the only thing new is rose gold... otherwise its the same phone that's been available for a year. Most iPhone owners are pretty clueless about what they can do and would probably never use the new touch capabilities... probably never realize they were there. I've honestly not used it after a short "playing" session.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think some of the users you speak of are just likely to be confused by some of the new stuff. I use my wife as a model for the average user and it took her several tries to gain the motor skills required of 3D Touch. And that was her trying to make it work for herself.

I don't see the real average user dedicating that much effort into that learning curve.

14. ValO macrumors 65816

The 5s was also widely available after launch, unlike the iphone 5, after launch.
    Perhaps the s versions are easier to produce because of the (almost) same externals and processes as the iphone 6?
    With the 6 launch they had to produce something completely new.(form factor, lcd displays, etc)

15. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

I think a LOT of people upgraded last year due to the increase in screen size. And honestly, this is the first time I've not been at all interested in upgrading. I found the improvements to be a little underwhelming. Camera improvements used to be enough to make me want to upgrade but now the camera is so good I don't really feel the need.

16. CEmajr, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015

CEmajr macrumors 601

There was no shortage of the 4s. No shortage of the 5s unless you wanted gold. No shortage of the 3GS. Is this your first iPhone OP?

No one has ran a story because it isn't news. S versions are rarely ever in shortage.

17. alent1234 macrumors 603

same with the 5S

i'm waiting until they start discounting the 6s and 6s+ like they did with the 5S a month or two after release

18. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

Well, the A9 is not in shortage right now, so that's helping Apple. Or they ordered a whackton more. Probably both.

19. doboy macrumors 68000

I'm little surprised there is no bottleneck with the new 3D Touch system.