Is it legal to use winclown to copy partition onto another mac??? 2 Macs at once?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Green™, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Green™
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Well?

I've got this iMac that has Windows 7 and I'm running winclown now. Can I use that winclown back up on my mbp or will there be some problem? Thanks.

I don't think it's wrong but I'm new to this. Will this be a viable solution to have Windows 7 on my mbp?

2. flopticalcube
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Winclone. You may run into licensing issues with Windows on the MBP when you start it up there. The drivers will be messed up too.

3. Intell
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors P6

Intell

It might work. But you'll have to get past the Windows activation again. Because Windows will see lots on new hardware and think its in a new computer. Other then that, yes it's illegal.

4. Green™
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors member

Oh no! So if I get a mac pro in a few years, I may not be able to import my partition over to my system without errors??? I'm about to drop some serious cash on software, some games too but won't if it means that I can't keep those files. Perhaps the problems only persist if two versions are running at once? Thanks for your input.
    Yeah, I may just forget about it. Windows is pretty lame compared to SL anyways. Like my previous answer with flopticalcube however, I'm now worried that winclone may not be the backup system I though it was. i need to be able to install this backup if an emergency were to happen and driver problems with different computers is a no go. Thanks for your input as well though.

5. -aggie-
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors P6

-aggie-

Winclown sounds better :D

6. flopticalcube
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G4

flopticalcube

That's not very nice. The man has a name and it's Ballmer. :D

7. Baby Mac
    Expand Collapse