is it legal?

Luis Ortega

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2007
I have noticed that some trump supporters have taken to using the Apple logo with a profile of trump's head where the bite in the apple used to be.
Is this legal? I wonder if Apple is aware of this.
Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 09.20.08.jpg

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Who cares? If it's a violation then Apple can take action if they please.... Is there nothing else to be outraged over today?
You seem to think everything is "outrage", which leaves me to believe you're outraged at anything that questions the support for your Dear Leader Donald Trump.

dandollarsCapture.jpg

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
You seem to think everything is "outrage", which leaves me to believe you're outraged at anything that questions the support for your Dear Leader Donald Trump.

View attachment 848003
Let me help ease the mental stress over this...

Send the below (copy and paste or modify to hearts content) to this address: tcook@apple.com

Dear Mr Cook,

I am deeply troubled to see that minions of the evil bad orange man are using the Apple logo to support racism, sexism, misogyny, xenophobia along with other ism's and phobias.

I hope you'll take immediate action to keep the evil bad orange man and his minions from disgracing the Apple logo.

Thank you

Sincerely,

A triggered liberal

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
Let me help ease the mental stress over this...

Send the below (copy and paste or modify to hearts content) to this address: tcook@apple.com

Dear Mr Cook,

I am deeply troubled to see that minions of the evil bad orange man are using the Apple logo to support racism, sexism, misogyny, xenophobia along with other ism's and phobias.

I hope you'll take immediate action to keep the evil bad orange man and his minions from disgracing the Apple logo.

Thank you

Sincerely,

A triggered liberal

Is this suppose to make me "Outraged"? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: JayMysterio

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
It’s likely some sort of patent infringement, especially if someone is making money off of it. It’s probably more trouble, money, and negative attention than it’s worth to hunt down every individual using that logo. I’d think Apple might only go after someone for example selling T-shirts with that image. And in that case I’m not sure it would go beyond a simple cease and desist.