Is it me or are a lot of people getting Samsung?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by zipur, Mar 29, 2014.

1. zipur macrumors 6502

It is killing me waiting for the iPhone 6 to come out. I lost my 4 so I had to go back to an old flip phone. I decided not to get the 5s when the 6 is so close. (because I'm hyper sensitive while waiting) It appears to me that everywhere I look someone is pulling out an samsung monster face plater phone. So I started looking closer at them, nice feature set and much more snappy then I thought. Good camera and the battery isn't as bad as I thought.
    But in want an iPhone 6. Come in Apple get'er done... Soon

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

This has been going on for a few years now. If you like iPhone, stay with the iPhone. The Galaxy phones don't appeal to me at all.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Some people like the size of the Samsung and the android system. I prefer the iPhone and the ios system. At work it is about a 50-50 split between Samsung and Apple. It all comes down to personal preference.

4. Linkiepoo macrumors newbie

It all base on how big you like your screen. Let hope apple come out with some bigger screens. Also a lot change and then come back.

5. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

for me its iPhone. i dont like samsung at all. their big phones look hideous.

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

A few of my colleagues have S3s and S4s. I don't like the build quality or the Android ecosystem but the screens & cameras are excellent.

7. cynics macrumors G3

The Galaxy line is very popular. No surprise you see a lot of them. However for some reason 95% of all my friends and family use an iPhone. Because of that plus my other devices (see sig) the iPhone works best for me.

I'm also waiting for the 6. However it's a fairly long way off. Why not pick up another 4 or 4S in the meanwhile? Sell it once the 6 comes out.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's just you. Most people I see are using some type of iPhone. Usually iPhone 4 and up. But then again most people around me are also using Macs so maybe we're not indicative of the general population.

9. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Yeah I would say your not. I see plenty of android phones, often times they are the galaxy line. They are becoming more popular each passing day.

Go to a carrier store and watch what people are looking at. There are usually a few people looking at the iPhone...but all the oohs and ahs come from the samsung displays....marketing has really kicked them puma notch...plus they are good phones.

Personally I am an iPhone user, and am waiting for the iPhone 6. That being said, you can't deny how far android has come. Bash the platform if you want, but it's harder and harder to do so without looking painfully biased.

10. imanidiot Suspended

I firmly believe that Apple should produce a new iPhone every time someone asks for one because they can't wait for the next one. Problem solved.

11. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Buy an android smartphone off contract to hold you over, maybe the Moto G. Then get the IP6 when it is released. I would not get a Samsung on contract, you will kick yourself when the IP6 comes out even if it is the new upcoming Galaxy in a few weeks.

----------

Problem is so many different manufactures continue to put out some nice smartphones for android (and Windows where applicable) that one cannot help but notice as there is HTC, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, etc. etc.

That makes it very hard to wait for a new Iphone only once a year.

12. 869639 macrumors 6502

Samsung gadget spams all year every year....the odds of you seeing people with Samsung phones are as high as seeing people with iPhones [All models in general].

One thing is certain, only those that are ignorant of the problems actually remain satisfied with Samsung smartphones after a long time use....the most customer satisfaction always does and will go to the iPhone as long as it continues to be the "Best iPhone Yet" year after year.

13. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

It's not just you. It's a Samsung and Apple world out there. I think the iPhone 6, if the bigger screen rumors are to be believed, will do wonders for Apple. Samsung totally won a bunch of marketshare on the strength of devices with bigger screens.

14. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Why buy iPhone 6 then, since the next model would be only one year away?

Think about it. Wait it out some more years, and get the latest technology.

:rolleyes:

As a related news, why don't see people setting up their Christmas trees yet? I mean, Christmas is so close.

15. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Is that an Oxymoron?

16. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

They pretty much saturated the market on both high and low end. They've got over 20 in circulation right now. That's not including the legacy devices that are still floating around....

17. mclld macrumors 68000

Opinions and personal preference......how do they work?!?!

18. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

19. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

Outside of the US, probably there are slightly more Samsung's out there for the last 1-2 years.

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

21. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Samsung's Note 3 is the best. Those that know better, have one! ;)

Seriously, now, there are many really good phones to choose. Get the one (s) you prefer, not what everyone else has (unless it's your preference).

22. penplotter macrumors regular

"I got fed up of waiting for the chef to cook my steak, so I walked out, went to MacDonalds and ordered a cheeseburger"

Do you have nothing else fulfilling in life to think about except the next model of device being launched? I genuinely feel sorry for you my friend.

23. skratch77 macrumors 65816

Went and checked out the gs5 and that celly is badass.I don't care what the haters say but that cell is boss.the screen is the brightest iv ever seen and the colors pop and punch you with how vivid the display is.

Just go to best buy and listen to normal moms and pops pick up a gs5 or note 3 the first thing they say is wow Jesus this screen is amazing!

24. penplotter macrumors regular

I'm not convinced that listening to the "ooohs" and "ahhs" of the average consumer is the best foundation for a purchase decision; consumers are like magpies - the more it shines, the faster they peel off the banknotes :rolleyes:

If you've never tasted prime steak before, a MacDonalds cheeseburger might also taste "amazing".

25. skratch77 macrumors 65816

Why don't you go read a few reviews on the updated diamond matrix in the note 3 display is.

It hit whiter pure white then the 5s or any iPhone to date and was also brighter