Is it me or does the iPhone 5 battery life deplete fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixroqu3, Sep 22, 2012.

1. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

3. olibraves macrumors newbie

Mine wasn't quite that bad but I woke up this morning to a battery that had gone down a lot without any use over night. I have most of the known "battery hogs" turned off or disabled. Its the same settings as my old iPhone 4 but something seems to be draining it when its getting no use.

4. bobdigi macrumors regular

Well, you are probably playing with it a lot more than you normally would, hence the faster drop.

5. 96whitels macrumors member

96whitels

Mine is much better than my 4S thus far.

Also,
    Both were locked last night. 5 drained 3% (network and wifi on)

My 4S drained 6% (no network) wifi on.

6. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Definitely dropping much quicker than my iPhone 4, I'd say like twice the rate.

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

New batteries need to be broken in before they will work their best. Add to that its a new device with new settings. Just wait and see.

8. tudorjd macrumors newbie

my iPhone 5 was 100% when I went to bed at midnight. At 8am is was down to 50%. A few standard issue apps we open in the background, but nothing big. I did a restore from a iPhone 4 iOS6 iCloud backup when setting up the iPhone 5. I think something is up...

9. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Agreed, my 5 is significantly better than my 4S. Before I went to bed, I wanted to get the iPhone to turn off so I could charge it up overnight; I streamed a netflix movie over WiFi with the sound at full volume through the speaker, screen around 50% and auto-brightness on. It started at 6% and didn't die until 52 minutes into the movie. I don't know if that had something to do with calibration, but I'd be very impressed if that ended up being in line with the true battery.

10. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I feel like its slightly (very slightly) less than my 4s was. Then again, I haven't gone thru a full drain till cycle yet.

11. mateo124 macrumors regular

Its probably because you did a restore from your old phone. What I did is set up as new and the battery life is amazing so far.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

Battery is pretty darn good for me! I was telling one of my friends about it. Maybe it was a good idea that Apple didn't come out with LTE last year. The battery life would probably been horrendous. Also, I set up as a new phone and not from a backup. New phone = New Start

13. CiFi macrumors newbie

I'm pissed everyone is saying they have awesome battery. I came from an iPhone 4 and my battery would last from 7AM till 11PM easily, doing Facebook/twitter/texting throughout the day.

I get this iPhone 5, fully charged at 7AM, its now 10:30AM and its at 65%. Wtf gives.

14. tkwlee macrumors member

Are u using 3G or LTE? Which carrier?

15. zbarvian macrumors 68010

Same here, man.

16. taedouni macrumors 65816

First of all you need to calibrate your battery.
    Second of all, you need to check your notification settings. If you push all your apps then you're going to see a significant loss in battery life.

17. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I dropped about 20% last night. 3G and wifi on.

18. taedouni macrumors 65816

Never do a restore from an old device. Restores keep old settings etc.
    My iPhone 5 finally died off with 20+ hours of standby and 7-8.5 hours of usage time. That was part of my calibration

19. fortierj macrumors newbie

Bad battery on 5 compared to 4

Yeah, same here. I had a 4 on AT&T and now my 5 is on Verizon. The battery is draining much faster than it ever did on my 4. I unplugged it around 8am this morning. It's now 1030 and battery is at 81%. Basically means my phone will be dead by 8:30. I'm not using it more than my old one.

20. CiFi macrumors newbie

I'm using LTE on AT&T.
    Usage: 1 Hour, 46 Min
    Standby: 4 Hours, 16 min

65%....

I had iCloud, push, everything on my iPhone 4 that was 2 years old and I would last all day plus some.

21. SoonerFan303 macrumors member

Run your battery down until it turns off. Then charge it for 4-8 hours. That will help.

22. divisionbuyzero macrumors member

divisionbuyzero

It's just you. After lifting my battery is normally ~60% and it was 90% with ip5.

23. CiFi macrumors newbie

I set this up as a new phone. Also I calibrated by fully charging out of the box and letting it deplete by itself yesterday. (That took about 4 whopping hours). I had to charge it 3 times on launch day.

24. felixroqu3 thread starter macrumors regular

felixroqu3

Yea i restored it from my iPhone 4. Should i restore it and set it as new? I restored it because i wanted my old messages.