Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MK25toLife

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I'm on my 4th iPod and this Classic 160GB just sounds very thin in comparison to my old iPods (2nd Gen, Photo and Video). I just don't hear the fullness of some of my favorite tracks that I know by heart. Maybe it's b/c I'm a producer and listen to music differently than most people but the poor sound quality seems to be very obvious to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I'm on my 4th iPod and this Classic 160GB just sounds very thin in comparison to my old iPods (2nd Gen, Photo and Video). I just don't hear the fullness of some of my favorite tracks that I know by heart. Maybe it's b/c I'm a producer and listen to music differently than most people but the poor sound quality seems to be very obvious to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

Being you're an audio professional, I probably don't have to ask these questions, but:

a. Are you using some decent headphones, or are you using the ones that come with the iPod?
b. Have you tried some different EQ settings?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
I'm an Acoustic Consultant and my 80gig Classic sounds fine to me. This is with some Sony headphones. By the word 'thin' I'm assuming you mean not enough low-end?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.