Is it me, or is the screen better?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kup1986, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kup1986 macrumors member

I de-listed my iPad 2 from eBay once I discovered I had a yellow tint model (whether it clears up in a few days or not, ultimately I cannot sell the item if its potentially defective). Since it'll be going back to Walmart in the morning, I decided to make the most of it and mess with it tonight.

I was comparing it side by side to my iPad 1 and while in the App store on both models I noticed that my old iPad looked yellow-ish compared to the iPad 2. I made sure I was on the same app screen, had the brightness identical, etc. There was no doubt that the iPad 2 has a better image.

I loaded a movie I have on my iPad 1, and played them side by side -- while not as noticeable on a moving image, its still obviously iPad 2 has a better screen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Mac-converted macrumors newbie

it is posible that your ipad 2 screen is a different tint than your ipad 1 screen, but tApple would definitely state the screen was better if it really was better!

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

The screen resolution is posted as being the same. It must be you. Enjoy.

4. klover macrumors 6502a

Black level, color gamut, and contrast play a much bigger role in image quality than resolution. I've read and been told that the display quality is the same but have seen a few posts indicating that it appears better. My Kuro plasma is 720p but looks much better than most 1080p panels.

5. tekksan macrumors regular

I don't know either but it does look better to me also.

6. ozred macrumors 6502

7. inott macrumors member

Was the rumor not same res screen, 1mm thinner with some improved internal specs?

8. No1up macrumors regular

100% with y, my ipad2 screen is white or my iPad 1 has a slight yellow tint to it.. I just posted it on my own thread.

9. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

10. maclook macrumors 65816

Mine seems better but I sold my 1g so I can't do a comparison. I'm surprised none of the reviews had anything to say about the screen.

11. jreuschl macrumors 6502

I had the tint issue with my iPad 1.. My iPad 2 is certainly better!

12. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

I agree. The screen definitely seems more vibrant side by side next to my iPad 1.

Games also look alot better on the iPad 2. I had Dead Space running on both iPads side by side and the iPad 2 version looked MUCH better. Much more detail and the lighting was much better on the iPad 2. I had the character in the same hallway in the exact same position on both iPads to get an accurate comparison and I was blown away how much better the game looked on the iPad 2. I'm very impressed.