All iPads Is it me or it feels like new iPad, and iPad mini are coming out soon!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aziatiklover, Mar 24, 2013.

1. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I see deals everywhere lately and today there is this awesome deal on dailydeals for the ipad mini LTE 32GB for $449 free ship and no tax! :eek:

Anyways, seems like major resellers starting to sell their overstock inventory!

2. SnowLeopard OSX macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Doesn't feel like it to me. To be honest with you, at this point, I would commend Apple if they decided to break their routine product release cycles -- it's getting very old.

3. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

The new iPads will come out in the fall, like always.

4. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

http://www.dailysteals.com/
    And ebay daily deals too! I'm hoping sooner than later.

5. irDigital0l Guest

What do you mean like always?

iPad 1 - April
    iPad 2 - March
    iPad 3 - March
    iPad 4 - October
    iPad Mini - October

iPad has for 3 years been released in spring, only last year was iPads released in the fall.

6. Samtb macrumors 65816

That's assuming resellers get some kind of advance notice of new generation iPads.

7. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Like always rite? :rolleyes:

8. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

We go by trend. The iPad 4 and the iPad mini is starting a new trend. Which means the iPad 4S and the iPad mini 2 will will be released by October 2013.

9. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I feel like the iPad 4 and iPad mini were almost more of a little bump though, so maybe major releases are more prone to release earlier.

iPad 4 was definitely a tiny bump, what difference does it really have over the 3 other than a bit of a faster processor?

iPad Mini, while a new device yes, is just a smaller version of the iPad 2. It's nearly a backstep other than it's size and LTE, and size is opinionated really.

I do think they will probably go with the mini's design build for the new iPad 5, but not sure what else they can really add in, I'm assuming as far as hardware, the new design will be their biggest thing.

People keep asking for a Fingerprint scanner, but what will that really do anyway? It seems almost gimmicky, not sure why that would be an /important/ feature to somebody, unless websites and such started integrating fingerprint scanning as an alternate method as a password, then it would be pretty useful.

10. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

But u said always though........

11. Luis2004 macrumors 6502a

So a trend now requires one anomaly to become the norm?

:rolleyes:

12. OSMac macrumors 65816

The iPad 1 was not ready to release till April , after that they kept a 1 year cycle.

Now they have changed to fall, the best time to release for Christmas volume.

Can't see it going back to Spring?

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Just because some resellers are having sales doesn't mean the new iPad is imminent.

14. poloponies macrumors 68030

That iPad Mini "steal" is for a "recertified" (clearly not by Apple) iPad Mini with a 90-day warranty. Caveat emptor.

Can't read that as dumping inventory, more like selling off used stock.

15. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

True but it is still under warranty with apple! So if anything wrong just go to an apple store and get a new refurbished swap!

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Doesn't mean anything more than they believe the rumor sites. Resellers aren't told jack about upcoming releases. All they are concerned with is being stuck with massive overstock when they will be forced to mark them way down to sell them off (Apple doesn't take back units). So they figure sell out as much as they can now. Plus with iPads becoming a big item for traveling doing it before summer kicks in is the best timing.

----------

They did, last year. iPads were a Spring item until the 4 when they launched it last fall. Breaking the cycle both in terms of time between updates and calendar

----------

I wouldn't count on that. Apple does on occasion sell items 'as is' which means they don't have a warranty from Apple. Not to mention wasn't there a pallet or two of new iPads stolen from an airport last fall. How do we know these aren't part of that. Either directly or indirectly. Or that they aren't buying units with broken screens, replacing them with third party parts (thus voiding the warranty) and selling them off

17. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I have never seen Apple selling items as is especially current product lines! And I thought the ipads were recovered by the police?! Either way still a good deal to me.

18. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm getting a pain in my right leg--so that must mean an iPads a commin.

19. poloponies macrumors 68030

You're jumping to yet another conclusion. If it was an Apple warranty then it would be longer than 90 days (remainder of original warranty). Something occurred to remove these items from Apple's warranty system. You will have 90 days, but it won't be through Apple. There's a reason these are priced $70 below Apple's refurb price and it's not because there's a new Mini coming any minute.

20. maxosx macrumors 68020

"Feels like a new iPad"

No... It feels like rain to me.

21. aziatiklover thread starter macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Ninja please! like i said 90 days warranty but you can always get warranty thru apple. I sometimes buy current apple products refurbished from other resellers such as att iphones then i will go apple warranty process.

22. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Snow today for some of us in northeast. And so it doesn't feel like spring or much of anything but agonizing waiting warmer temperatures.

Seriously folks. Does not Apple usually have the same type of scenarios with announcements, there is one of those keynote meetings, and then a device is released down the road afterwards?

If that is the case, no new iPads for awhile then.

23. poloponies macrumors 68030

If it's through approved resellers, then yes. If the reseller chain is broken then no. You can't "always" get a warranty through Apple. This entire thread has become a mess of misinformation (mostly from you).

24. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

AT&T is an authorized Apple reseller. Those eBay sellers aren't. I doubt you'll be able to get Apple warranty if you buy from them.