Is it me or the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thenumbersrbad, Feb 18, 2013.

1. thenumbersrbad, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013

thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

So, just a little back story, had an iPhone 5 and then bought an unlocked iPhone 5.The unlocked phone out of the box seemed to have a crack at the antenna so I got it replaced at the Genius Bar (should have just returned the phone and tried again, but it would have been a bit of a hassle to do that) and now it seems like I am getting a lot of white (static) noise periodically and if I remember correctly the iPhone 5 I had originally had like the sea shell noise when you pressed it harder up against your ear and this phone does not.

I just don't know if it's me being paranoid or if there is something wrong with the phone.

Can someone confirm the noise when you press the phone to your ear? Thanks.

2. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

Don't notice it on my iPhone 5

3. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Okay, maybe it's just me.

I guess I wouldn't say it's a noise per se but I suction like feeling I guess.

Maybe I'm just paranoid about the phone, probably overly paranoid

4. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Some people are particularily sensitive to the noise cancellation, that could possibly be what you heard, or felt.

5. syd430 Guest

try calling difffernt types of numbers. The best way to test is calling some kind of help line with an automated voice. It should be perfectly clear (though not all automated services are clear). I had concerns at first too, but then I realised its just the wierd noise cancelling between iphone 5 to iphone 5 only (which creates a somewhat tinny sound).

6. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Yeah and I feel like I felt it a lot of my first iPhone 5 but not so much on this one

----------

Thanks SYD430

All of my voicemails seems to be clear all the time. It's just when I make regular calls. I'm not calling iPhone 5's though....I dunno I think I'm overly paranoid lol

Cause now I'm noticing that when I wake my phone from sleep sometimes it can take 4-5 seconds to switch to wifi and I feel like my old phone didn't