Is it necessary to protect the sides if you're going to use a bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by zooby, Sep 17, 2010.

1. zooby, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. hipvamore macrumors regular

I had a BSE front and back with the bumper along with the side and top protectors and it worked pretty good. Only thing is when you take the bumper off and on it could compromise any of the protectors you have on (i had to do this to use my fm transmitter in the car like three times a day just because it did not fit when the bumper was on).
    Anyways one day the bumper messed up the screen protector and i just said screw it and took everything off and i did not really notice any scratching of the sides at all, but then again i really only had it on without the side protectors for like two weeks so who knows. It definitely couldn't hurt.

If you are worried about the sides and don't have the side protectors on just make sure to clean the inside and get all the dust or dirt out when you see that it has built up inside the bumper, otherwise you're probably fine.

3. goddi macrumors member

well the sides of the iphone are made of steel band ... of course they can ge scratches too.

im more afraid of scratches on the display ... if you dont use a case maybe i would get a back protector too - depends.
    but the sides? i dont think that´s a good idea.