Is it normal for a iPhone 4S to loose 10% of it's battery per day?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Turnpike, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I got a used 4S, and HAVE NO PHONE SERVICE hooked up to it- I just use it as a bigger, better iPod. After a full charge, is it normal for it to go from 100% to 93% after just sitting there for a 24hr day, without coming on? Are there that many things running that cause it to use battery, or do you think it's been abused or run low too many times before I got it?

This is my first experience with an iPhone 4S, I've always used a Touch before this.

I have nothing on the iPhone, no apps or anything since resetting it except 2 movies (not playing) and 5 songs (nothing was running).

I'd love some input from the experienced here! Thank you....

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Did you turn off the cell radio? It'll chew through power trying to find a signal.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

4. Turnpike thread starter macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I'm going to try that and see what happens. After a day or two, I'll leave a note as to the difference, so there's something for the next person who's wondering. Thanks for the ideas! :)

----------

Oh, and by the "cell radio" is this covered when it's on Airplane Mode? Is the "cell radio" something that searches for wifi or cellular service? Remember, I dont have any contract on it.

Thanks! :)

5. tann macrumors 68000

I wish iPhones had an 'iPod mode' where it turned off the cell radio but you could still turn wifi/Bluetooth etc on!

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can still turn WiFi (and probably Bluetooth) on in Airplane mode. You just have to go into the WiFi menu and turn it back on.

7. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

What blueroom meant by "cell radio" is the signal for cellular communication through your contract provider (EDGE, 3G, 4G, ect.)

My guess, if you have a sim card, the phone might still be searching and connecting its provider, but data is not being sent because your phone is not active on the network through a data/voice plan.

Airplane Mode turns off all wireless communications (cell, wifi, bluetooth). However, wifi and bluetooth can be turned back on in their respective settings menu while in Airplane Mode.

If Airplane mode does not work, try turning off "Cellular Data" in the Settings>General>Network

8. tann macrumors 68000

!how did I never know this!