Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Sorry if the title is a little vague, I'll try to elaborate. I'm flying American to Guatemala next month and will be taking my 15" UMBP along. The 737 has in seat 110V AC power but they only accept two blade plugs. I realize that I can use the two blade adapter that came with my Magsafe but I have a bad feeling that the large brick will either get in the way or render the plug inaccessible.

Is it safe to use a grounded to two blade plug adapter if the above is the case?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
That's probably fine seeing that when you use the 2 prong duckhead it's just the same.

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
ty. I realize that since the port are limited to 75W, I will not be able to charge my UMBP at 85W, but that I will be able to maintain my current charge throughout the flight. However, I did read that some people couldn't even get that to work due to their power savings settings. Should it just be plug and play or will I need to come prepared with tweaked power settings?

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
from what i read previously, it works as long as the battery is at full charge already so it doesn't have to charge and power the laptop at the same time..which draws the full 85W

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.