Resolved Is it possible for my 6+ to have downloaded the iPhone 6 version of iOS8?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by SPNarwhal, Oct 20, 2014.

1. SPNarwhal, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Reason I ask is because when I go to text or e-mails and go to landscape mode, my messages don't show up in the two column way they're supposed to. (contacts/sender on left, and messages on right)-- rather, they just show up like they would on any other device where it's a page full of contacts, tap on contact and see a whole page of messages.

Also, my home screen won't rotate in any direction.

I've restarted my phone multiple times. I downloaded iOS8.1 at my school on spotty Wi-Fi that kept cutting in and out. It just seems like it's exactly how iOS 8.1 should be on any other of the devices, but I'm on a 6+.

Any thoughts?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Your iPhone will only download and install the version of iOS designed for it. It will not download or install a version that is not designed for it.

3. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

That's what I figured, but not sure why it won't give me the 6+ features then.?
    It's working on other 6+ who have updated to 8.1

4. SlasherKG macrumors member

OP, do you have "Zoomed" mode on?

If so, this will disable the enhanced modes from what I've found.

To check and/or disable it:

Settings > Display & Brightness > View
    Set to "Standard" and you should get he enhanced view in apps that support it (Settings, Messages and Mail for example).

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Tadaaaaa
    no wonder!
    I switched between the two a few times in 8.0 and I guess that's what it was. I could have sworn it was rotating before the update, though, but maybe I'm crazy.

Another mystery solved!
    Thank you!