Is it possible? There are no non-in-ear headphones for the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aendaman, Jul 2, 2009.

1. aendaman macrumors member

aendaman

Yo,

I am desperately looking for iPhone headphones to replace the ones coming with the 3GS. They should resemble them excactly except for the sound quality of course (need bass!). I hate all these in-ear buds with the rubber thingy and the sort of vacuum the create in the ear channel. I saw this video of how to replace just the ear buds on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLzs5aHv3jI but it appears to be difficult for my faves, Sennheiser, as they are glued together (a guy from customer support just told me).

I want something like this (earbud wise).

Any recommendations?

Pleeeeease with a cherry on top.

aen

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I found these, and there are several more headphones with mics. I just did a search for "headphone mic" and got 46 results, about a dozen of which were over the head headphones.

HTH.

3. aendaman thread starter macrumors member

aendaman

Yeah well thanks but that's just not what i meant, maybe I did not make my point clear enough. I want something like this (earbud wise). Surely with all the iPhone 3GS goodies like mic, volume control, voice control etc bla bla...

aen

4. oyebto macrumors regular

if you can do without the vol control answer/reject button i do recommend sennheiser's px100. very decent pair of headphones, those.

5. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Part of having the in-ear design is that it improves sound richness, the 3D soundstage, and bass. Part of even including different size buds isn't just for comfort, but because the proper seal can dramatically improve sound quality. If you bought a good pair of earphones and take the earbuds off, you would really be missing out on sound quality. A good level of bass, as you're looking for, requires the in-ear design. If you get a good pair, in-ear headphones can be very comfortable. You won't regret going with an in-ear pair, once you've tried a really good pair.

6. aendaman thread starter macrumors member

aendaman

I am currently using the MX 660 with my iPod Touch and I am more than contented with them from the sound point of view. You cant expect too much from an compressed music file on a portable player over headphones anyway...
    As i said before I really dislike the feeling of this in-ear-fit in my ear. It gives me the shivers... in a bad way that is.

Open for more suggestions...

7. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

But in-ear do not work very well when you need to be able to hear around you. =)

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

I know it's not what ya wanna here

I just go one ear when I need to hear around me! put then I am on the other side I don't like the iphone buds cause of the sound and they tend to fall out.

9. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Ah, I see. Sorry about that.

10. aendaman thread starter macrumors member

aendaman

it would appear so...

Is it possible? There are no non-in-ear headphones for the iPhone?

it would appear so... :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. jt2ga65 macrumors regular

Why don't you just get what you want for headphones, and buy the adapter that converts any headphone into a iphone headphone? I see these at Best Buy and the Apple Store, and they include the mic and maybe even the button function. You plug that into your iphone, and your headphones into that.

-jt2