Is it possible to buy new 2010 MBP with anti-glare anywhere?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pullman, Mar 11, 2011.

1. pullman macrumors 6502

pullman

The subject line says it, really.

I'm not sure I need the quad core so was thinking maybe the 2010 MBP would be sufficient for my needs (the heaviest I use is CS5 and, occasionally, Handbrake).

tnx
    /p

2. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

It'll be difficult to buy brand new. I picked mine up in sig a couple days ago used but with only 37 cycles on the battery, looks mint. With the new 2011's out I was able to grab this sucker for $1500 straight cash AG, i7, 8GB ram, like new. Try Craigslist or eBay.

I knew I had to have the high-res AG, so I looked at the base 15" 2011 and after tax and only place to get it was Apple.com, after student discount was around ~$1950 for AG screen.. I figured I could use that $450 saved elsewhere.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You could take a look at refurbs. They are basically new and carry the same warranty so they can be considered as better than used ones. 1399$ gets you the base 15" with antiglare (out of stock now though).

4. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Keep checking the refurbs. Seems like the AG models come back in stock every couple days but they dont last long, usually only an hour or so.

5. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

call to your local stores they might have some back stock left, or check thrid party resellers like macmall etc.

6. pullman thread starter macrumors 6502

pullman

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I didn't know of this Refurb store. I live in the Netherlands but unfortunately there is nothing in stock (in fact it doesn't list any computers at all).

I'll have to check local apple stores.