Is it possible to convert an AT&T family plan line to an individual account and keep unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hal~9000, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Hello,

I currently am part of a family plan on AT&T and would like to convert my line to my own individual account while keeping my unlimited data plan, is this possible?

Has anyone done this conversion themselves from family plan to individual line and kept their unlimited data plan?

Thank you for your help :)

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I went from individual with unlimited to family and kept it.
    I'm pretty sure you can keep the data plan you have. But call them and see what they say.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I can not see it being a problem. If you have good credit, ATT should be able to move the phone to your name keeping the plan you have. That is with the permission of the existing account.

4. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

They may try and stick you if the ownership of the number is changing (IE: family plan is in "Bob's" name, but the single line is going to be in "Your" name.

A slightly different situation happened with a friend of mine. She went from one family plan to another. ATT would not let her keep the unlimited since changing the name of who is responsible for the line. She got moved to the 2GB or 3GB plan at the time.

5. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I work for another major wireless carrier and if a customer was trying to do a change of ownership they would have to change the source plan the target plan to one of our newer offerings.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Let me guess, verizon? :D