Is it possible to download Hulu videos?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mjmar, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

If it's possible I would like to know how. The videos don't show up in the "activities" box in safari, but I've heard that people found a way to get around it.

2. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I think Firefox's Video Downloader can download Hulu videos. Not entirely sure though.

3. lardlad macrumors newbie

I wasn't able to get it to work with FF and the video downloader. I wonder how they are able to hide this from the activities panel.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

5. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

file2hd.com doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is hooking up one computer through composite cords to eyetv set to another computer to record and that sounds like way too much for me but I'd be interested if anyone has tried this

6. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Doesn't Hulu use content protection anyway?

If you really want to record something onscreen, grab a screen recorder tool like Snapz Pro X or Screenflow.

7. orangetripwire macrumors newbie

Replay Media Catcher works wonderfully. Only problem is it only works for Windows AFAIK. Have to use boot camp or virtual machine with windows.

EDIT: Seems that it has stopped working with Hulu. The creator still claims it does, but others say it has recently stopped working for unknown reasons.

8. James Cole macrumors 6502

9. dagober123 macrumors newbie

dagober123

10. grapejucy macrumors newbie

11. gordonies, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011

gordonies macrumors newbie

If you're using Safari, you can download Hulu videos directly from the Activity window. If you have third party tools required. Check Hulu Downloader for Mac

12. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Just have to ask...why do you want to download Hulu videos?

13. williams51 macrumors newbie

Hey, you can't download video from hulu, because hulu video is not flash video but encrypted video, so you can't download it in common way. But you can use some screen recorder to help you record video from hulu, the program can help you record every activity on your computer screen with high quality, and you can also use it to record video from any other web.

14. Burne Jones, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011

Burne Jones macrumors newbie

:D It's cumbersome and stupid actions but a thrilled video may trigger you to ado this in the case of no other available method! screen record softwares defintely in need in my case. A video stream recorder is deisgned to capture Hulu video. AFAIK, it will record protected Hulu videos from computer screen.

15. donnie83 macrumors newbie

Suppose screen recording is a good way of being able to download and save Hulu videos and tv shows to your hard drive, since most of the hulu downloaders that catch the url and download Hulu videos straight from them stop working at some point.

If you have some win pc near by, there are some screen capture aps that can capture and record Hulu streaming videos without any issues, like this one for example.

I've been pretty much successful with that Audials Hulu Downloader app, managed to record Hulu videos on my win laptop in pretty good quality.