Is it possible to export address book entries in to Word to make labels?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sportdan31, Apr 19, 2007.

1. sportdan31 macrumors member

It seems like it'd be quite useful, and I'd really take advantage of this program if it's possible.

Thanks.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you start with getting the address list in Entourage. Otherwise, you could certainly output a CSV file from Address Book and use that.

3. mpw Guest

If you just want labels you can print straight from Address Book. Why do you want to go through Word?

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

As the the almighty yet slightly smelly mpw said, it's probably easier to go through Address Book. However, I got my data into Excel using Address Book Exporter. I imagine it'll work with Word too.

5. mpw Guest

In.Your.Face.Crab-boy, I beat you to posting an answer to a question and it was helpful. Slowing down a little are you?

*starts warming butter*

6. sportdan31 thread starter macrumors member

I had no idea this was even possible. This is very good news. What kind of label paper can be used? The standard Avery 5160?

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hey hey hey mpw, I admit you're almighty and powerful and one day I want to grow up to be just like you. You are an amazing person.

sportdan31, it kinda depends on your printer, but mine allows for standard Avery types. In the Printing Style, select Mailing Labels. :)

8. mpw Guest

Just tried it and all the usual suspects are in the template list throught the File>Print menus.

...and that is how signatures are made :D