Is it possible to fix nicks in the white iPhone 5 beveled edge?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bonskovsky, Feb 13, 2013.

1. bonskovsky macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

Surely someone has come up with a remedy to this. I was thinking that maybe it could be sawed down somehow, or evened out.

Has anyone tried this?

2. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

There isn't a solution to any of these problems - I had a black one initially and I tried £12 paint pens from ebay and sharpies etc - none have the same finish as the chamfered edge so they stick out just as badly.

Now I have a white there are several nicks but they aren't anywhere near as noticeable as the black phone.

Suck it up and deal with it - these phones won't look new forever :(

3. bonskovsky thread starter macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

You're right. Usually when you try to fix something, you end up with it getting worse, and worse, and worse. Lol.

What I have is part nick part chip. So even of I could saw down the beveled edge, the top edge is chipped, there's a missing piece.

4. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Yup, it is just poor design in terms of durability - they wanted the 5 to look beautiful and like a 'jewel' but in fact sacrificed the toughness the 4/4S had before it. Mind you, the antenna band on the 4's scuffed up and tarnished but didn't chip or nick as badly.

Plastic phone with changeable cover ftw?? :D

5. SweetDove macrumors regular

I don't know if it'd work, but you might be able to try some of that eye glass lens repair liquid. I only have an iphone 4 so I can't quite tell how it looks for you. :confused: Figure it's worth a shot. I'd just throw a case over it and be done though.