Is it possible to get music to stream to a regular BT Headset on 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FreakinSyco, Jun 18, 2009.

1. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

I don't have a A2DP headset to test with, but can I stream audio to a regular bluetooth headset? It'd be killer to be at work and listen to music without looking like it.

2. FreakinSyco thread starter macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

3. crisg macrumors member

I've been looking for this myself.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything, either.

I did find a guide on ilounge regarding bluetooth stereo.. and
    they state the iphone won't stream music to your bluetooth headset.
    I'm hoping someone figures it out!!

4. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

No you can't.

Your Bluetooth headset/speaker must use the A2DP Bluetooth profile to be able to receive streaming music.

5. geekspeed macrumors newbie

I don't know if it holds true anymore (haven't played with it in a long time) but there used to be a bug with visiual voicemail and bluetooth. This is from 2007 ... may still work...
    "You can go to the voicemail screen, touch the audio source button and select your Bluetooth device then open up the iPod app and start playing something, works the same way, but doesn’t require a phone call. Certainly someone is going to use this info and create a hack that either provides something closer to an A2DP profile, or at least makes the current hack easier, maybe both, but one thing is for sure, its nice to know the ability to transmit audio over Bluetooth is possible with the iPhone."

http://www.iphonebuzz.com/bluetooth...r-bluetooth-headset-on-your-iphone-211547.php

6. hard-case macrumors regular

hard-case

Considering that even with 3.0 the iphone cannot stream ringtones to a bluetooth headset, I doubt it.

7. Wayazo macrumors newbie

bluetooth, 3.0, cell phone BT Headsets

It's really unfortunate that Apple or the headset vendors haven't thought of this. It would be nice to listen to news, podcasts, or audiobooks via the same bluetooth headset I'm wearing when I drive instead of hassling with headphones or wired earbuds. I had really hoped this would be a feature in 3.0.