Is it possible to hide the body of a message on WhatsApp on lockscreen?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by CyanLite, Mar 31, 2014.

1. CyanLite macrumors regular

So I am an Android veteran looking to switch it up and finally give iOS a try. I've been researching and I have found that WhatsApp details messages on the lockscreen. With iMessage, you could just replace it with "X sent a message" instead of "X says blah blah blah".

So is there any way of removing the contents of a message that came on WhatsApp on the lockscreen? I don't want to remove the notifications from WhatsApp completely, because if I do that then I will have to unlock every time to check if I have a WhatsApp message or not..

Basically I don't want anyone who can turn on my phone to be able to read even a word of the messages that come to me.

Example

If you still don't understand what I mean, let me give you an example. Let's say I have a friend named Sally, let's say Sally says "Hello" on WhatsApp. I want the lockscreen notification to say "Sally sent a message" instead of "Sally says Hello". Is it possible?

2. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

3. CyanLite thread starter macrumors regular

But I want to know when a notification comes in. I don't want to unlock and then pull down the notification tray every time I missed the display light up just to see if I have any unread WhatsApp messages.

4. nightstalkerz macrumors 6502

In the settings of whatapp, there's a show preview toggle that you can turn off.

5. CyanLite thread starter macrumors regular

Ah okay, thanks a lot!

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

Right. Like I said, turn off PREVIEW.